Paying in cash

Bit of a strange question, but some clinics have said I can pay in cash to avoid additional fees. If I were to do this would I withdraw the cash at home before travelling? I wouldn't want to be abroad and find out I can't withdraw a large sum.

Thanks

This is fairly standard in places like Turkey, otherwise you can get charged additional fees such as tax. I did this last week, make sure you withdraw the money / exchange to desired currency in your own country and take with you, otherwise you'll end up pays lots on commission charges for withdrawing whilst abroad.

What about a wire transfer?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/2-explosions-rock-istanbul-airport-multiple-people-injured-192803313.html

I wouldn't carry large sums of money in Turkey at this moment. They probably do a lot of checks when you enter the country. I know normally Turkey is safe but at the moment you have to be careful all over Europe.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

No offence to the doctor that require cash, I am unaware of the rules and laws of Turkey. Does this means the surgery is done under the table so nobody pays taxes? I wouldn't feel comfortable having surgery with someone that requires cash and does it under the table. Do they give you a legal receipt for the surgery? Once again I state I am ignorant in the conditions, rules and laws of Europe.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I know in a lot of Latin American companies the smaller boutique hotels will give a nice discount for cash. I just run to the local bank a day before leaving and get cash to pay them. The fees are not much.

I would never carry that much cash around or have it in the room

I don't understand these foreign clinics not taking visa credit prior to say it saves the patient some extra few bucks.

I get it if it was a back street garage but not for a so called medical clinic, sounds very shady if you ask me & shouldn't be endorsed by this forum, but guess its impossible to have such policies in place

I don't understand these foreign clinics not taking visa credit prior to say it saves the patient some extra few bucks.

I get it if it was a back street garage but not for a so called medical clinic, sounds very shady if you ask me & shouldn't be endorsed by this forum, but guess its impossible to have such policies in place

yes sounds a bit dodgy to me:o