HDC Maras 2200-2500 FUE

ergosun

Hi all,

I had today the first session of my operation. Dr Maras proposed 2200-2500 grafts, I'll put some pictures that I will keep updating the coming weeks/months.

Opinions are wellcome!!

preop dry:

4b3edcf4872e072ceb353dcfc19df532o.jpg

preop wet:

210dc0ec37ef2bd62f30b52f5b27dbd6o.jpg

post first session hair transplant:

da3fc41c470f4f0b5108c0126b8e60f4o.jpg

All is being very well so far in the clinic, very friendly and helpful staff. Looking forward to finish tomorrow!

Opinions are very wellcome :)

I look forward to seeing your results, Ive been very impressed with hdcs results. If I may ask, who does what in the surgeries, the rep said Dr Maras does extractions, hairline drawing and implantation is done by techs, was that the case? how did you feel about the the team approach?

I look forward to seeing your results, Ive been very impressed with hdcs results. If I may ask, who does what in the surgeries, the rep said Dr Maras does extractions, hairline drawing and implantation is done by techs, was that the case? how did you feel about the the team approach?

yes, exactly. Dr Maras designs the procedure, then he punches the grafts, a technician takes them out, then he comes back and he punches the receptor area, and two other technicians (very good professionals) put the grafts in. Sometimes another doctor takes the "punch part" for a while so Dr Maras can assist other patients in other stages of the procedure.

The care has been very good so far, very realistic expectations from the beginning. I am looking forward to see the results too!

Congratulations, I be following your journey to see how this turns out for only 2200 grafts.

do you mean that they look to be not enough? (btw: I had 2367 at the end) The square in the middle has not been treated.

Another picture after washing it all the afternoon with saline where you can see better the treated area:

d9582a4aa0cfb862e6aa53133777bba1o.jpg

No, i just think its a large area to cover for just 2200 grafts, but i do not know the caliber /density of your hair as your Doctor would have them stats when he seen you.

easy for us to guess and that's what I'm doing buddy.

Sorry didn't mean to make you concerned, your probably be just fine as this clinic has shown some good results of late.

Heal well, Happy Growing, Congratulations again....ignore my comments.

No, i just think its a large area to cover for just 2200 grafts, but i do not know the caliber /density of your hair as your Doctor would have them stats when he seen you.

easy for us to guess and that's what I'm doing buddy.

Sorry didn't mean to make you concerned, your probably be just fine as this clinic has shown some good results of late.

Heal well, Happy Growing, Congratulations again....ignore my comments.

no worries, all coments are very wellcome :). Actually my donor area was very good, very dense and thick hair (in fact they struggled to take it out the first day), so hopefully 2367 will be more than enough. I'll keep you updated. And thanks for sharing your opinion.

pictures after 5th day wash. Still feeling a constant burn sensation on the donor area that wakes me up very often overnight, I guess it is normal and it just just about time.

a29066121fe2343284005f45f7664534o.jpg

f973aa0e965cfc0588ee171ee7f22e98o.jpg

Yep I guess its trying times for you but it will calm down here soon.

have your Dr gave you any pain meds for this burning sensation?

It's very important to keep your scalp clean & be especially careful the first 7 to 14 days.

Heal well buddy it should subside soon enough.

Yep I guess its trying times for you but it will calm down here soon.

have your Dr gave you any pain meds for this burning sensation?

It's very important to keep your scalp clean & be especially careful the first 7 to 14 days.

Heal well buddy it should subside soon enough.

thanks again for your reply, it is really apreciated. Yes, they gave me painkillers, that is not a problem, the only thing is that despite them it is difficult to sleep at night. But I will be patient and I will wait until it improves in the next days.

Since I don't have experience on this, what do you think about how it looks in terms of density?

Thanks again.

From what I can see, it looks nice & clean & compact, just take it easy this next wk or so, keep your scalp nice & clean, then the scaps will come off.

you know how the rest goes as obviously you done your research.

Heal well buddy, you be fine.

Thanks ontop ;)

one week now. Looking nice and clean. it will be sad to say "see you later" to all this little gorgeous hairs...!

the burning sensation is still there, despite of taking tramadol tonight it was very difficult to sleep... but I will keep being patient

e86944c6dc12d60cf110b85ba6061132o.jpg

2ea710bb9a421a2283e64f78a8ddcfb7o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

day 21 update

still the donor area is a bit sensible but it is much better. I've been told that now I can swim in the sea if I want (avoiding the sun) and practice sports which are very good news to me.

Since day 10 I've been loosing hair, more rapidly in the right side than in the left, but I guess that this asymetrical hair loss can be expected, isn't it?

here you have the update picture:

image.jpg

Looking good buddy & see you done a good job keeping the scalp clean.

now just sit back let them babies go to sleep for a few months & be ready for the action.

happy healing, happy growing.

Looking good buddy & see you done a good job keeping the scalp clean.

now just sit back let them babies go to sleep for a few months & be ready for the action.

happy healing, happy growing.

thank you for your very kind answer :)

actually in the clinic they made a very good job cleaning my hair the first days, and then I have just followed their recommendations.

they told me now that I can now sleep on the side if I want, but still I am afraid of damaging the grafts..

It's only natural that your over protective at this time but the grafts should be firmly planted by 7 / 10 days.

just keep your scalp away from strong sunlight for a while you be fine bud.

It's only natural that your over protective at this time but the grafts should be firmly planted by 7 / 10 days.

just keep your scalp away from strong sunlight for a while you be fine bud.

yup, that's what they told me. I can swim in the sea but I have to avoid the sun. I will swim with a hat if needed, ha!

thanks again. I'll keep you updated.

Good job in keeping your scalp nice & clean.

This is very important especially the first 10 days & when I see patients do what your doing now gives them newly placed folicals a good chance of survival.

I wish you a happy healing process, im sure you be fine the way you are going.

good job again.

Hey Erguson,

You had your surgery one day before me! Im also experiencing shedding atm in a very similar pattern to you - the right side seems to be shedding more than the left! I will be interested to track your progress & see how you get on!

Fingers crossed for a great result for both of us.

1 month update

from now I will update every month. As you see I have lost most of the hair and the rest has been affected by shocking lost... bad situation at the moment, but I guess that everything was expected to happen... I'll be patient in this stage!

d0dee481ddad03d3b40e95f04d08bedeo.jpg

6263b4955d3a5cae0a430759f0bca3e9o.jpg

3a3103b7151f6c5805bb5e5e1560f615o.jpg

thanks for updating this...this is definitely the rough stretch for ya but you got the right attitude about this period...looking forward to seeing this progress over the next few months...you chose a great doc and I expect nothing but top results for ya

Hi,

i use minoxidil 5% for crown area. 2 months before the surgery I stopped it, and then I started again 2 weeks after surgery. I am in the middle of the shedding stage now in that area, but hopefully will improve later!