Got to get shampoo for itching

are you having post-op itching?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Bencar,

Shampoo asks a very important question. Is this itching after a procedure, or itching in the scalp in general? Anything accompanying the itching -- redness, scaling, dry skin, oil skin, etc?

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bencar,

Shampoo asks a very important question. Is this itching after a procedure, or itching in the scalp in general? Anything accompanying the itching -- redness, scaling, dry skin, oil skin, etc?

When you talk about procedure youre maybe asking about a transplant. No I'm not asking for that. . What would you recommend?

post op itching?? What exactly is this?

bencar...often after a hair transplant a patient suffers from itching as the scalp heals. It can be pretty intense at times.

since yours is not post-op itch I would start with something like this:

T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo - Stubborn Itch | NEUTROGENA®

Aside from shampoos, you may also want to consider the products you're using on your hair. After years of battling with dry/itchy/flaky scalp, I've learned that there are certain products that I'm allergic to and cause my scalp to itch like crazy. For example, I'm allergic to all of Aveda's hair products for some reason (shampoo, styling, etc.). American Crew products also cause my scalp to break out.

For shampoo, I use Ovation shampoo/conditioner, which really helps my scalp a lot. And when my scalp gets really dry/itchy, I apply Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to it. It burns like hell, but really does the job.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

For example, I'm allergic to all of Aveda's hair products for some reason (shampoo, styling, etc.).

OMG....my life would be over if I couldn't use my favorite shampoo which is Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo!

10304232-1399993359-982126.jpg

For shampoo, I use Ovation shampoo/conditioner, which really helps my scalp a lot. And when my scalp gets really dry/itchy, I apply Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to it. It burns like hell, but really does the job.

Funny you mention that. A woman recommended that i use ginger root as a shampoo. I may do just that today!

BTW I saw your pics of your hair. Looks like you had a transplant. May I ask with what doctor did you have that done? Any issues after the procedure?

Funny you mention that. A woman recommended that i use ginger root as a shampoo. I may do just that today!

BTW I saw your pics of your hair. Looks like you had a transplant. May I ask with what doctor did you have that done? Any issues after the procedure?

Ginger root? That's interesting. I may look into that. How did she suggest you use it? I suppose you would have to juice it right? I'm always game for a natural solution if possible. :)

And yes - I had a hair transplant with Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, who I'm a patient advocate for. One of the best decisions I've made and it was a positive experience from start to finish. This forum is a great resource should you be looking into getting one. Use this place to ask questions, see if you're a good candidate, which doctor would be best for you, etc.

And if you ever have other specific questions about my own experience, just lemme know. I'm happy to help.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

OMG....my life would be over if I couldn't use my favorite shampoo which is Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo!

Haha. Thank god you're not allergic to it then. :) Their hair paste literally makes my scalp bleed it dries it out so bad. Not exaggerating. Scalp sensitivities/allergies are no fun. :confused:

Ginger root? That's interesting. I may look into that. How did she suggest you use it? I suppose you would have to juice it right? I'm always game for a natural solution if possible. :)

And if you ever have other specific questions about my own experience, just lemme know. I'm happy to help.

I beleive you have to get an extract, will find out for sure.

Appreciate the feedback on your transplant. Did you have to get one transplant or 2 or 3?

I beleive you have to get an extract, will find out for sure.

Appreciate the feedback on your transplant. Did you have to get one transplant or 2 or 3?

I've only had one hair transplant at this point. And so far, no need for another one in the foreseeable future. Staying proactive with Finasteride to keep any potential future loss at a minimum.

I've only had one hair transplant at this point. And so far, no need for another one in the foreseeable future. Staying proactive with Finasteride to keep any potential future loss at a minimum.

Good for you! You happen to be lucky then.

Don't self diagnose yourself. It is better if you know why you have this itchy scalp. This might be due to some products you had used before of could be because you underwent some procedure. Sure enough, there are so many shampoo for itching in the market. Some may help while some don't so it depends.