FUT-Grafts not shed nor growing?

I have question. I had my FUT 2300 grafts placement procedure done 9 weeks ago. Majority of my new grafts shed between 2 to 4 weeks, but it seems that some (20 to 30%) stayed on... These dont seem to be growing, nor have fallen off. I am only basing this on touch feel of the grafts, no actual visual confirmation. Is this normal phenomenon? Do these grafts shed at some point and regrow, or they go into this mode where they stay put/as-is for months before growing? Or, these grafts never grow and just stay like this?

I agree with Spex, it is certainly not abnormal and just continue to keep your scalp clean and eventually the rest of the grafts will shed as time passes.

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Mr Laconde -- I didn't want to call you Lucifer!

I see this from time to time in my patients. Nothing to be concerned about. As usual, Spex and Gillenator gave some great advice.

I think it's likely either a transplanted or native follicle that is stuck in a unique/different cycling stage. They will even out and start shedding and growing like the rest eventually.

Happy growing.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You have nothing to worry about. I'm in agreement with the posters above. Wash as normal.

Dr. Scott Alexander

Have you any photos to share?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians