My 3164 Grafts with Dr. Diep (FUE) -- May 6th, 2016

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Month 6 Update

I've included more pictures this time. Some bed head shots with my hair all messed up, some with it wet and styled straight out of the shower, and a few with it dry and styled.

I do notice some additional growth, but nothing too crazy...slow and steady progress!

One lowlight is that I decided to give Lipogaine another shot after a really bad reaction a few months ago since I had a bunch of things going on and wasn't sure if the reaction was specific to Lipogaine or not. Unfortunately I had a negative reaction again, after only one application! My scalp, ears and forehead got itchy and rashy (although more to the touch as opposed to look), and my face slightly swelled up.

I didn't need to take any medication as it went away after a few days (took a full week to recover), but everything is back to normal. I'm still not sure if the reaction is specific to minoxidil or Lipogaine, but I don't think I'd try a different product (e.g. Rogaine) for a while to play it safe.

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.f424164ffc4a34cc7a2915f2286dc64f.jpg

IMG_0002.thumb.jpg.9c1c1c59bfab7a103eccdd6044f54870.jpg

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.5961044a6429727b55db2d0ffa702359.jpg

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.c681fca367bf33d9059c2f658912abe4.jpg

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9a52cc4d1f25e574a9769a071c80912d.jpg

IMG_0006.thumb.jpg.cd304f461330ba42b4b3139ba2597c92.jpg

IMG_0007.thumb.jpg.18b31406f1a44cf8b1b1204b83f0d419.jpg

IMG_0008.thumb.jpg.689bfc1457fa7ba67ccb107965e2f370.jpg

• Administrators

You're at the stage where you look better than your pre op, it's only going to get better from here, the ingredient that irritated your scalp with Lipogaine is propelyne glycol, perfect hair minoxidil doesn't contain that ingredient in case you ever want to try it again.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

the ingredient that irritated your scalp with Lipogaine is propelyne glycol, perfect hair minoxidil doesn't contain that ingredient in case you ever want to try it again.

Is that different than Rogaine? I do think I'll try it again, but I'll most likely wait a few months.

You look fantastic and so much better than before the op :) steady progress indeed!

Really appreciate you taking the time and posting progress pictures, however, can you please include pictures of your donor area? :)

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Month 7 Update

Slow but steady progress. I cut the sides of my hair at a half guard but forgot to take some pictures, so this is maybe 2-3 weeks after that haircut. The hair on top is slightly longer than usual which makes it wavy.

Still some bald spots, but I do notice the growth.

The feeling of the recipient area still feels numb at times, or hyper sensitive compared to the rest of my scalp. It comes and goes.

And the donor area pops a ingrown hair or pimple every week or so.

IMG_0090.thumb.jpg.dac82e99ff9a901e7dbe01ec75e699c9.jpg

IMG_0091.thumb.jpg.701cdafa9c86bf9296d8f364466a41d3.jpg

IMG_0099.thumb.jpg.6653da605d3f49581c24f4dc4d1541e7.jpg

IMG_0101.thumb.jpg.bc58ee1d343376ce76f28ac6ae360ba5.jpg

• Administrators

The hairline is looking solid, one minor spot i see where I can see scalp in the midscalo, but other than that everything looks right on track, certainly a good thread to follow for those who had bad shock loss, things got really bad a couple months there and now everything had turned around.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...

Month 8 Update

Bit more of the same, although it feels like the front portion of my hair (hairline) has gotten thinner, and the texture of the hair has changed. It's wavier and just feels different (I struggle to describe it).

I did notice about 2-3 weeks ago that some hair was falling out, but haven't seen any fall out since, so maybe I was going through a cycle or something?

I took a few different pictures, some styled (and wet), some bedhead, and some with just pat drying it after the shower. Apologies for the poor quality...one day I'll have someone take some better quality pics.

IMG_0264.thumb.jpg.7793765100103272810f8393009c0797.jpg

IMG_0267.thumb.jpg.5a5b49025ef7b0c058960cabb9267a04.jpg

IMG_0268.thumb.jpg.5a5bce7151392c3083f8bd009ef438c3.jpg

IMG_0270.thumb.jpg.a1d297c7cb7a33653413c1aba84f289b.jpg

IMG_0271.thumb.jpg.08de78d789472e0a1095e8f11045f557.jpg

IMG_0273.thumb.jpg.1b6f0dca89f65b2b83d39d67e088bea4.jpg

IMG_0274.thumb.jpg.15d3d867f8887672ef17eaa3be9d3c7b.jpg

• Administrators

You're still improving, when I look at the previous months to now I see your hair overall looks thicker. Temporary she'd do occur, I went through a temporary shed around the 9 month mark where i felt my hair was looking thinner. I wouldn't worry about it, you're still on the finasteride? Have you included biotin and msm?

View my thread

@HTSoon yea, I'm still on finasteride. As for biotin and msm, no I haven't included them (honestly, not even sure what they are).

I'm planning on picking up minox again, but unclear whether I should go with perfect hair or rogaine.

• Administrators

Biotin is a vitamin B that supports the growth of hair, not necessarily working for hair loss per say, but it is supposed to speed up hair growth, so could be useful to aid in the transplanted hair growing faster, it's just anecdotal though, msm promotes collagen and keratin which is what hair is made of, do these vitamins work? I don't know but I take them they are safe and they're cheap, certainly worth a buy if they can make my transplant grow in quicker.

View my thread

• 1 month later...
These are the pictures I sent the Dr. The quality is shit, but I was in a hurry when I sent them.

Also, looking back at my previous update with pictures, the redness is pretty crazy. I should have noticed then that something was up.

Good news is that the antibiotics have worked. Almost all symptoms are gone. No headaches or sinus pains, the redness on the recipient area is gone and the bumps on the recipient area are also gone. Just some faint bumps on my ears and forehead, but those are only noticeable to touch.

Now fingers crossed that this didn't damage the implants.

What was the recommended antibiotic that smooth things down, recipient and donor area?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...