Is it required to shave your head?

Hey all, are there any doctors in the US that are GOOD and will do FUE surgery without shaving your head? I would look terrible with my head shaved and also wouldn't be able to hide the fact that I got a hair transplant. I live in Columbus, OH and am looking for a good surgeon. Thanks for your help!

There's a bunch of threads on this:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182504-shave-not-shave-dr-scott-alexander-phoenix-az.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182975-shave-vs-no-shave-experiences-what-do-you-recommend.html

I too would rather not shave, but you have to do a cost/benefit analysis and ask yourself, is it worth it to spend rest of your life looking ugly because you thought it was worth it NOT to shave?? Or would you rather spend 3 months growing your hair back after you shaved??

There's a reason why most (reputable doctors) shave, and thats because they get the best results!!

In the end, it's an individual's choice. In my case, the plan was to go aggressively into the scalp where there were both native and previously transplanted hairs. Would there be transection, would there be shock, would we upset the balance of bloodflow? I just flat out didn't want to second guess any decision that*could* compromise the end results.

Assuming I am still around for another 6 months, that is.;)

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Due to limitations in skill, some surgeons have been practicing non-shaven FUE for ten years, and the technique is performed almost every day. Based on the hair length in the recipient and donor, some surgeries will be limited to lower graft counts. Meanwhile, you would see little difference in results by the most versatile clinics.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians