non-immediate post-op suggestion?

I had 3700 with Dr. Nader a month ago. As expected, the transplanted hair fell out and I know it takes 3-6 months to see growth. My non-transplanted hair has grown out a bit, so the bald spots are showing. I'm doing minoxidil foam once a day and 5,000 mcg biotin/day. Should I be doing anything else to speed up growth of new hair?

Thanks.

P.S. Will post b4/after pics after new hair starts growing out.

Honestly, I don't know of anything you can be doing to speed up the process. It will start growing when it's ready to. I think the best thing you can do is try to just keep your stress levels low, forget about it as much as possible, and don't check your hair everyday for new growth. Constantly checking to see if your hair is growing will only make the process seem that much longer. And honestly, the time goes by much quicker than you think if you try and just forget about it.

Then one day, you'll look in the mirror and see HAIR and all the waiting will have been worth it. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

As usual, pkipling nailed it! There is nothing you can do to speed up the natural process. It has everything to do with your physiology. Try to go with the flow. Good things are on the horizon!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

I don't take propecia. I won't know if it's worth it until all of the hair grows out, which takes 6-12 months. I'm only 2 months post-op, no point in posting pics yet, but some hair is growing.

Propecia (finasteride) is worth it.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

In my opinion, there's really nothing you can do to speed up the growth of transplanted hair. At least, nothing has been proven. Using Rogaine foam is probably your best chance to jump start early growth however, there is no guarantee. Biotin can help produce healthy hair and nails and is good for the skin but I have seen no evidence that that will help jumpstart early growth nor will it do anything to stop the progression of male pattern baldness.

The best thing you can do is be patient and enjoy life knowing that in less than a years time you'll have a nice new head of hair to style as you please.

I know being patient is difficult but something we all have to learn when undergoing hair transplant surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...