Strip scars

I've been trying to find examples of how 'average' strip scars look when hair is wet and the scalp becomes more visible. Can't say I'm really found what I'm looking for.

For those who've seen or have a strip scar. How visible/noticeable is it when your hair is wet e.g get caught in the rain, go swimming, washing your hair etc.

Unless you've got particularly thin hair, as long as it's not cut too short it shouldn't be noticeable at all when wet. I suppose in extreme conditions a very slight 'ridge' may be visible, but the average person would not look twice at it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

One week out from a grade 3 and mine does become noticeable (comparison attached). At longer lengths it is much less so.

It doesn't really bother me to be honest given the results I got!

wet.png.81a0e09d18be7a17cf4173b4134f225b.png

dry.png.cc952acdc0b86e1c055bbfeacb61523d.png

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Once complete healing has taken place, and providing of course that the strip scar healed thin, it should not be noticeable at all if the hair length is at least 1/2 inch or longer.

The other variable would be if the scar had some lingering redness, then it might take a longer hair length to adequately hide it.

But for most individuals, the scar will eventually resume normal scalp color and be very difficult to notice.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY