To those who got a transplant at a young age

To anyone who received a hair transplant from ages 25 or younger...

Any advice, anything you would do differently, what do you know now that you wish you knew when you got and HT, was it worth it, do you regret it, what would you tell a young person considering?

Overall how do you feel about HTs at an early 20's age?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

34 is not to young, i hate to say this but mid 30's in general i dont think can be considered young, couple of years and youll be 40. 2youngforthis i would consider an appropriate name for a 22 year old, but not someone in their mid 30's. Not trying to offend you of course as were only as old as we feel.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Are you really talking to me about my forum name. Is this where the world is going now ? your option of age is more important than mine or what. And by saying not trying to offend me is ok. Well you did I am 34 feel 21 so me having hair at 34 but receding is a big deal to me. Heck it is to anyone regardless of their age. 40 is still young to me too by the way.

you know my thinking on this subject has changed. My opinion is to do a hair transplant as young as possible if you are a good candidate. might as well enjoy your youth while you can because it doesn't get any easier as you get older. my hair loss (diffuse thinning) didn't really get really bad until I hit 42 so I was able to live with it. But for the guys who are in their 20's and balding I would say consult with the top dr's and I mean the truly elite and eithical dr's and go for it.

i agree.. thats why i have been holding out, but i a now 34 and i think its now starting to be noticeable. plus i have the fine thin straight blond hair.. the worst for dense hair transplants.

I am lucky to have made it to almost age 35 more liek blessed. but i do feel for these younger guys. I mean i sure do wish someone would fix this. it really is demoralizing

I wish people would answer this too I am 34 and still think it's to young. Then again I have fine thin straight blonde hair. Worst ever

Def not too young, in fact you're probably the most common age on average I would bet. I just turned 35, and can say before I arrived on the board I thought I was on the younger side too, but in fact MPB does not discriminate-it impacts people of all ages at varying rates.

Are you really talking to me about my forum name. Is this where the world is going now ? your option of age is more important than mine or what. And by saying not trying to offend me is ok. Well you did I am 34 feel 21 so me having hair at 34 but receding is a big deal to me. Heck it is to anyone regardless of their age. 40 is still young to me too by the way.

If you see HT's hair loss journey you'll quickly see he empathizes with you more than most, has been through it, and is one of the most helpful guys around here. We all understand the pain, that's why we are here.

yeah.. it doesn't discriminate.. i just wish i knew if i was goign to be a NW 5 6 or what.. i believe i am a nw3 now maybe 2 but i mean how much longer can it last. thats the real problem. fix it now then have to fix it again 1 year later maybe two. and with my fine thin hair i worry i won't have enough grafts to give good dense coverage on top

yeah.. it doesn't discriminate.. i just wish i knew if i was goign to be a NW 5 6 or what.. i believe i am a nw3 now maybe 2 but i mean how much longer can it last. thats the real problem. fix it now then have to fix it again 1 year later maybe two. and with my fine thin hair i worry i won't have enough grafts to give good dense coverage on top

You should probably start your own thread, if you havent already, post pics and gather some feedback. Having blonde hair with fair skin can pose some great advantages. Hopefully you've gotten your hands on some top docs to ease some of your concerns and provide you with better perspective.

And yeah man, there's no way to predict the future-hair loss is no different lol