which way to go?

Hi new to posting on the webiste but a long time stalker of the forum.

I have a question about which way i should go.

1st way one sergeon said that they could get about 2600-3000 grafts by FUT will mean i will have a second scar as previous FUT. -dr ziering himself

2nd way, another dr has said that they could get 1000 fut grafts by using area above old scar meaning would only have 1 scar after but would also get 600-1000 FUE from my beard. dr Dorin

what are peoples thoughts?

not sure what to do ?

Thanks

Peter

How wide is your first scar? Do you have any pics?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Feel like this is a topic we touch on regularly, but it's encouraged to NOT limit yourself geographically for a procedure. Rather, to find the best surgeon, to meet your goals, who you have the best rapport with, in your price range, regardless of where they are located. I left NY for mine, but of course, I understand the appeal of staying close to home.

I feel you on the consultation thing, but it's really no different than a copay at your GP. t's just an elective procedure therefore not covered. Time is money--that part doesn't bother me so long a I get the doctors time.

I won't mention names, but I paid $195 in NY for a rushed 10 minutes. Much different than Dr. Wesley, who I hear gives you a very thorough analysis.

Are you considering FUT and FUE or just the former?

Hi Im looking at FUT more but would be open to look at FUE if need be.

Just emailed Dr Wesley to see if i can see hi, I know this would have been asked be for but who else has a good track record in NYC or New jersey ?

There are better quality surgeons outside of New York. Dorin and Wesley are the best in New York, but rather also travel to and consult with surgeons out of state like Dr Rahal, Ron Shapiro, Hasson, or Konior.

Hi new to posting on the webiste but a long time stalker of the forum.

I have a question about which way i should go.

1st way one sergeon said that they could get about 2600-3000 grafts by FUT will mean i will have a second scar as previous FUT. -dr ziering himself

2nd way, another dr has said that they could get 1000 fut grafts by using area above old scar meaning would only have 1 scar after but would also get 600-1000 FUE from my beard. dr Dorin

what are peoples thoughts?

not sure what to do ?

Thanks

Peter

Fact that you are considering Ziering means you haven't done enough research.