Opinions on uGraft?

If Dr Umar uses uGraft to extract beard hair on the face, wouldn't it have to be practically scarless? If it is scarless to the visible eye, is uGraft used for donor hairs on the back of the head also and would it be scarless?

Typically face/scalp heals well and fast and inmost instances without any scar or pigmentation. Previously there was discussion regarding Ugraft and people well known in HT were of opinion that the punch is only advertizing gimmick. Having been a physician for more than 20 years it is my personal belief that blunt tipped pulling instruments produce more tissue disruption. I am unsure what is the logical physiology behind those punches causing less scars. Again it is my personal opinion.

Edited by David - Moderator

My Thread: 

I personally think u graft is a advertisement gimmick. Again this is my personal opinion given tissue ''disruption'' by blunt instruments tends to be more than with sharp.

This sounds like a doctor making a brand and doesn't sound any different than other transplants. Be careful of doctors who do this. It doesn't mean the doctor isn't good but it's marketing. If you can find out more about it tell us.

Yes, there are those who want to market treatments like there brand so people go with them, stem cell transplants etc i even had one clinic tell me they invented fue but now they (and only them!) have a more advanced and different way of transplantation.

The first choice to obtain FUE grafts from the beard area would be from the underside of the chin. If grafts are extracted from the beard on the face it may leave tiny hypopigmented spots which would require the patient to keep facial hair growth to conceal spots.

The first choice to obtain FUE grafts from the beard area would be from the underside of the chin. If grafts are extracted from the beard on the face it may leave tiny hypopigmented spots which would require the patient to keep facial hair growth to conceal spots.

I had a procedure with Dr. Umar including grafts from the beard area - lower jaw and chin.

Someone like myself who is aware of hair transplantation and followed my own recovery I can say that I do notice the points where these grafts were taken, when I give myself a close shave. I have asked people if they notice any dots or scarring in this donor area and so far no one knew about this. It takes a very sharp eye, my own, who knows about the procedure to look close enough for the signs.

That being said, I never expected a wholly 100% undetectable transplant. I am all about weighing the pros versus the cons. I much prefer having a couple of thousand grafts taken from the face and put into my thinning crown. The plus of improving the appearance of my density outweighs the small signs that some work might have been done on me.

I've only had one procedure at Umar's clinic so far, I am not an expert, but from my experience he took the time to carefully extract the donor hairs from my scalp with his ugraft system. I have hairs that are curly and his tool was able to angle in the correct way to safely get the scalp grafts. This resulted in my transplant taking an extra day. Originally it was for 3 days but he and his staff came in on Saturday to complete.