Hair transplant with FUT

Get on finasteride if you are not and see how your body responds - if positive it will help you.

You look like you have the right profile for a HT - looks like you have good donor quality and your hair up your side (lateral humps) is still in relatively good shape.

Your profile says you are in Egypt so there are quite a few good doctors in Turkey - I'd go visit one and get an in house look but as best as we can will be able to tell you look in solid shape. You are a "diffuse" hair loss case so most likely a lot of what you currently have on top will go away unless you get on meds; and even then you just don't know.

I see you are 30 - there is a guy here named HTSoon who had a very similar pattern of diffuse loss around NW5/6 at same age and made a huge difference with 4000 grafts with 2 HT and I think he has written he will have 1 more to address crown so I assume 5500 grafts for him all in. But with the first 4000 it made a huge change for him so you can be patient after your first go around.

I think for really good density you are going to probably want 2 transplants over time and maybe 5000-6000 grafts all in. Your crown is actually in relatively decent shape in that the loss has not dipped down your head yet but you are still young and that can worsen. But that's all estimated and you will hear different opinions from others. I think with your diffuse pattern you could get a lot done with the first HT in terms of coverage (FUT of 3500-4000 grafts) at hairline and front 75% of head, and then you can sit and wait for a while to see if the rest of the native hairs fall out in the next 4-5 years. Minoxidil would probably help you on the crown as well as you still have decent coverage there.

If you are conservative with your hairline and get on meds you should be able to have a good outcome. Good luck.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

you are right Iwas suffering from diffuse hair loss since early twenties progressed now as shown in images

i tried finasteride 1.25 mg for 16 months but no response also tried minoxidil for few months so gabe up medicines

now I'm about to have hair transplant in turkey the person who will undergo the transplant called mehemt guculu

from a family history my father hair loss progressed some what to the back by his forties

i wish it works with me and have a good hairline and good denisty from the first session

Get on finasteride if you are not and see how your body responds - if positive it will help you.

You look like you have the right profile for a HT - looks like you have good donor quality and your hair up your side (lateral humps) is still in relatively good shape.

Your profile says you are in Egypt so there are quite a few good doctors in Turkey - I'd go visit one and get an in house look but as best as we can will be able to tell you look in solid shape. You are a "diffuse" hair loss case so most likely a lot of what you currently have on top will go away unless you get on meds; and even then you just don't know.

I see you are 30 - there is a guy here named HTSoon who had a very similar pattern of diffuse loss around NW5/6 at same age and made a huge difference with 4000 grafts with 2 HT and I think he has written he will have 1 more to address crown so I assume 5500 grafts for him all in. But with the first 4000 it made a huge change for him so you can be patient after your first go around.

I think for really good density you are going to probably want 2 transplants over time and maybe 5000-6000 grafts all in. Your crown is actually in relatively decent shape in that the loss has not dipped down your head yet but you are still young and that can worsen. But that's all estimated and you will hear different opinions from others. I think with your diffuse pattern you could get a lot done with the first HT in terms of coverage (FUT of 3500-4000 grafts) at hairline and front 75% of head, and then you can sit and wait for a while to see if the rest of the native hairs fall out in the next 4-5 years. Minoxidil would probably help you on the crown as well as you still have decent coverage there.

If you are conservative with your hairline and get on meds you should be able to have a good outcome. Good luck.

• Administrators

Your donor looks amazing, you got lucky to have such density and thick coarse hair, I recommend Dr. Kardeniz in turkey for FUT, you could do a large strip and get about 4,000 grafts at once, you could go to H&W and possibly get up to 5,000 grafts at once, with your donor density you should be able get good density and coverage.

Finasteride and minoxidil work well in maintaining hair, regrowth happens only sometimes, you may want to consider treatment to keep your crown from getting larger, if you can't tolerate finasteride at least use minoxidil it will help maintain the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I agree, outstanding hair characteristics!...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY