Minoxadil shedding :(

don174

Shedding with minoxadil x 2months since my transplant .worth continuing or should I stop?Also on propecia for 6 months.getting worried- is this normal or should the hair loss be stable by now. Iam 3months post 3k transplant on a NW5a

I would continue. Shedding is normal. In simple terms it's pushing out the old hair to bring in new, thicker hair. Propecia has the same effect so it's probably a combination of both. General consensus on here is to tough it out for at least 6 months before assessing. Good luck!

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Iam losing my native hair, ( transplanted hair hasn't grown in). So that's fine?

Just sucks when your already going through the ugly duckling phase

When i did use Minoxidil (about 5-6 years ago maybe) initially my existing hair thickened but after few weeks the scalp started itching, scaling heavily with heavy hair loss. It actually accelerated my hair loss unfortunately!. Or so it seemed to me, I stopped using minoxidil after that.

My Thread: 

Iam losing my native hair, ( transplanted hair hasn't grown in). So that's fine?

Just sucks when your already going through the ugly duckling phase

Actually I think it's the best time to start it since you are already in "ugly duckling" stage with the HT. So if already ugly duckling what's the difference between more ugly duckling - it all will begin to work itself out around month 5.

I never was on it until the HT and am going to try it for a year and see how it works but yes you need to give it 3-4 months just to kick in - shedding is normal about this time after you begin.

If you want to see if it "works for you" use it for a year (your HT should be almost fully grown in by then as well) then you can stop for 3-4 months. If you see a big regression it means it is working for you and you can get right back on it. If you see no difference then the Rogaine is probably not doing much for you.

But take photos before and after because just "eyeing" it won't help.

I have no idea if its going to help me or not but for $25 a month I dont see it as a bad investment even if it doesnt help much. People spend that much on 2-3 drinks at a bar. So just give it some time and all the stuff that sheds will be back come May.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 3 weeks later...