FUT or FUE - Confused!!

bluedude

Best Option  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello,

I will keep it short and simple.

I want to go for Hair Transplantation but confused :confused: whether to go for FUT or FUE. I had consulted two doctors till now. I am from India so consulted Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Madhu for my condition through online consultation.

Dr. Bhatti said i am pattern type 5, will take 3500 grafts from scalp and 500 grafts from beard in one session. Further i will need 2000 grafts in future surgery that will be taken from scalp and body hairs as per need. Density will be normal.

Dr. Madhu said i will need 2300-2600 grafts with which they can develop the frontal bald area with moderate density in one session. Most probably i think i will need more session for covering other areas.

Now, after seeing both the replies which one you think is better for me.

What i was thinking is going for 1 FUT surgery of 2500 Grafts and then for covering other areas i will go for FUE method.

I am open for all the discussion and arguments. Please feel free in replying. :D:p:)

Thank You for reading. :o

IMG_20160107_145725.thumb.jpg.abe26ebd7dafd67c0a4c0230aab92520.jpg

IMG_20160107_145735.thumb.jpg.dc8de3decfbc96576e2dee20820ccf4e.jpg

5b32eae3da761_IMG_20160107_14575501.thumb.jpg.7528e8d889d50e109d29de2c7bc28413.jpg

5b32eae3ee7ad_IMG_20160107_14582301.thumb.jpg.eed732fa64bc0e41fb89559245ff733a.jpg

IMG_20160107_145836.thumb.jpg.34870c8b322b27be370e89461ef93fa2.jpg

IMG_20160107_145846.thumb.jpg.52706c1702cff49ec4061fb6289598cf.jpg

IMG_20160107_145900.thumb.jpg.41a5700bad1283fd9c9d22d0b93f5ab6.jpg

IMG_20160107_145912.thumb.jpg.60a5c859058ea567b94e16ac3bdeb9bc.jpg

IMG_20160107_145922.thumb.jpg.20e8626e7004bfee3a7adc0e46dba413.jpg

If you need that much do an HT the use of body hair still creeps me out

Hey,

But then if i dont go for FUT then i dont think i have many other options than body hair transplantation. The requirement is big and i think my scalp can handle max 3000-4000 grafts.

If your donor is good go for strip do as much as you can to build your hairline and work your way back. You will most likely in my opinion need 2 surgeries you can also fill in here and there later with a small Fue but I would get the bulk part done by strip HT. Don't forget Fue does leave small unpigmented round circles from where they are harvested from those areas don't tan I don't know if I would want that on my face or my body it's something to think about.

• Administrators

id say your a pattern 6, your hair loss was very similar to mine, I got FUE, the drawbacks are the price, but you can get great results with either procedure, I also wear my hair #1 on the sides and the scars not easily visible.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello,

I will keep it short and simple.

I want to go for Hair Transplantation but confused :confused: whether to go for FUT or FUE. I had consulted two doctors till now. I am from India so consulted Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Madhu for my condition through online consultation.

Dr. Bhatti said i am pattern type 5, will take 3500 grafts from scalp and 500 grafts from beard in one session. Further i will need 2000 grafts in future surgery that will be taken from scalp and body hairs as per need. Density will be normal.

Dr. Madhu said i will need 2300-2600 grafts with which they can develop the frontal bald area with moderate density in one session. Most probably i think i will need more session for covering other areas.

Now, after seeing both the replies which one you think is better for me.

What i was thinking is going for 1 FUT surgery of 2500 Grafts and then for covering other areas i will go for FUE method.

I am open for all the discussion and arguments. Please feel free in replying. :D:p:)

Thank You for reading. :o

The prevailing thinking for someone with your level of baldness is to begin with one or two megasession FUT procedures. The follow up with FUE if needed. The reasons are very simple:

First, FUT will give you the most reliable growth yields because the trauma to each graft is far lower than for the equivalent FUE procedure.

Second, FUE will damage your donor area far more extensively than FUT would for the equivalent number of grafts thereby limiting the supply available for procedures later on

However you go, best of luck on your procedure and results. Getting your hair back after being bald is one of the greatest feelings.

Dr. Feller

Great Neck, NY

I'd get on propecia first if not already. Try buzzing your hair real short for a while, rock the Statham walk, see how that works out, if not get a HT, but don't rush in to it. Don't lower your hairline too low if you do get a HT, go conservative.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

My personal research (and I'm a biomedical researcher by profession) has led me to the conclusion that FUT is simply the more consistent procedure. Reducing the amount of variability and utilizing the more reproducible technique should maximize one's chances at a successful result in the end. This is the way I look at it at least. Thought it may be helpful for you too.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

I think that you should travel to the clinics you are considering for in person consultations, regardless of procedure, because your donor area looks questionable. The majority of the photos show a strong donor zone but I see patches in areas where patches should not exist. For example, the posterior donor area at the nape and higher seems far thinner than it should be. What appears to be the right side of your scalp near your ears also shows a patchy area so you may have a donor that is less consistent than what would be considered optimal. Online consultations are great as long as the photos are very detailed and considerate of angles and lighting but nothing beats a one on one consultation with the doctors you are considering.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

If your donor is good go for strip do as much as you can to build your hairline and work your way back. You will most likely in my opinion need 2 surgeries you can also fill in here and there later with a small Fue but I would get the bulk part done by strip HT. Don't forget Fue does leave small unpigmented round circles from where they are harvested from those areas don't tan I don't know if I would want that on my face or my body it's something to think about.

The prevailing thinking for someone with your level of baldness is to begin with one or two megasession FUT procedures. The follow up with FUE if needed. The reasons are very simple:

First, FUT will give you the most reliable growth yields because the trauma to each graft is far lower than for the equivalent FUE procedure.

Second, FUE will damage your donor area far more extensively than FUT would for the equivalent number of grafts thereby limiting the supply available for procedures later on

However you go, best of luck on your procedure and results. Getting your hair back after being bald is one of the greatest feelings.

Dr. Feller

Great Neck, NY

My personal research (and I'm a biomedical researcher by profession) has led me to the conclusion that FUT is simply the more consistent procedure. Reducing the amount of variability and utilizing the more reproducible technique should maximize one's chances at a successful result in the end. This is the way I look at it at least. Thought it may be helpful for you too.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually, i was thinking in the same way but the only problem with FUT is with the scar. Thou most probably i will not go bald or go buzz after my HT as i don't like buzz look on me or you can say i dont look good in buzz thus FUT will work for me and then 1-2 sessions of FUE will do the pending job.

Thats why i need all the views of you people who are experienced and knows better than me. :o

Of course it's always the best to see the doctor so he can really see in person what you've got to work with.

I think that you should travel to the clinics you are considering for in person consultations, regardless of procedure, because your donor area looks questionable. The majority of the photos show a strong donor zone but I see patches in areas where patches should not exist. For example, the posterior donor area at the nape and higher seems far thinner than it should be. What appears to be the right side of your scalp near your ears also shows a patchy area so you may have a donor that is less consistent than what would be considered optimal. Online consultations are great as long as the photos are very detailed and considerate of angles and lighting but nothing beats a one on one consultation with the doctors you are considering.

Hi,

Actually i had personally met Dr. Bhatti for consultation and he said that my donor area is average or max above average.

@Hair Center,,, actually the area you mentioned is not with a patch but is the lower level of my neck. When i clicked this picture my hairs are totally messy and are little over grown at that area of neck where i usually not keep hairs. Please let me know any specific angle you want me to click for more descriptive picture of my donor are, i will get my self a good hair cut before the click for sure. :D

Thank you for your time. :)

id say your a pattern 6, your hair loss was very similar to mine, I got FUE, the drawbacks are the price, but you can get great results with either procedure, I also wear my hair #1 on the sides and the scars not easily visible.

I'd get on propecia first if not already. Try buzzing your hair real short for a while, rock the Statham walk, see how that works out, if not get a HT, but don't rush in to it. Don't lower your hairline too low if you do get a HT, go conservative.

Hey, Thanks for your replies

@HTsoon, just gone through your thread and seriously its a great HT work done by doctor and a great hairstyle you kept to keep the hard work intact. Really like your Pictures.

My head is a little big than yours, going only through FUE will not cover my head properly like yours. Dr. Bhatti already estimating around 5000+ grafts to cover my whole of head and i think FUE will not able to make it that much through scalp and Body hair HT still chills me out. I may be not ready mentally for body hair transplantation. Thats why i want to go for FUT first and than remaining part with FUE.

@Petchski I tried going for buzz look but the problem is my face is round and head is big thus buzz look doesn't suits me properly. Yes, i know i should go for the best option and buzz is the best option i have but it really makes me less confident with less hairs on my head. Thats why i need to go for HT as soon as possible for me with best option. Yes, i will definitely keep your advice for hairline. Thanks for your time. :)

• Administrators
Hey, Thanks for your replies

@HTsoon, just gone through your thread and seriously its a great HT work done by doctor and a great hairstyle you kept to keep the hard work intact. Really like your Pictures.

My head is a little big than yours, going only through FUE will not cover my head properly like yours. Dr. Bhatti already estimating around 5000+ grafts to cover my whole of head and i think FUE will not able to make it that much through scalp and Body hair HT still chills me out. I may be not ready mentally for body hair transplantation. Thats why i want to go for FUT first and than remaining part with FUE.

Sounds like a great plan, good luck with your research, Hasson and Wong are the best for mega sessions via FUT I recommend looking in to them .

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.