How many grafts do I need

Before I had my last surgery with Dr. Wong and I had "only" 4825 grafts I think I looked pretty damned good, thank you very muchWink

Thats the thing i'm referring to Joe, thank you.

Again, at 25, at a full NW5-6 pattern/no meds, Cody is no where near a candidate.

I'm very sorry Jason maybe it's my stupidity but in his case , i see no difference than Joe's or Bobman's. You mentioned about stabilizing his loss but what is the difference between stabilizing and getting completely bald? As far as i seen from the pictures , the pattern is very obvious.

Again, excuse my ingorance if i'm saying something stupid.

azazelgs,

Nobody knows just how bad Cody's hair loss will eventually be. Just because he is currently showing a similar pattern to those people that you mentioned, does not mean that he will maintain that same pattern.

The sides of his hair may drop down, he may experience thinning from the neck up, his donor may thin out to the point where his scar becomes visible and his transplanted grafts fall out. Simply put, transplanting him would be a HUGE risk.

Those extremely bald men you see walking around that aren't good transplant candidates were at one time much younger, and most likely weren't yet showing that they would eventually turn into a bad candidate.

At the very least, even if you believe Cody is a good candidate now, he is showing signs that he will eventually turn into a bad candidate.

The sides of his hair may drop down, he may experience thinning from the neck up, his donor may thin out to the point where his scar becomes visible and his transplanted grafts fall out.

i really didn't thought about that actually. So what is the worst case scenario that one can end up as "can not have a ht"? any celebs or people pics??

As i told before i'm 23 and i wanna learn more and more about this.

Good discussion,, to all the guys who are saying that I'm not a good candidate , do you mean for the time being or for ever? I mean are you suggesting that I should wait for about 4 more years while continue using propecia then see weather my hair loss stabilized or not and where the balding area will end up to (btw I don't have any hair loss after using propecia) or should I stay bald for my entire life?

And also I have a question (might be a stupid question) , once my donor is not enough to satisfy my entire balding area, is it possible to cover it with a multiple sessions?

Again thank you for your honesty

Cody, I think seeing a reputable doc would answer your questions best. that said, I think most people think you'll never be the best HT candidate based mostly on the your hair loss patter and thinning of the donor area, however you could be a decent candidate if your hair loss stabilizes after many years on propecia assuming your donor hair stays as is.

Again, I know this isn't the response you were hoping for, but it's better than going through with a HT and not achieving your desired outcome.

Originally posted by TheEmperor:

ON the plus side, by the time you are my age, there will probably be a "cure".

you're referring to multiplication? if so, you really think they're going to figure out cloning and make it available to the public at an affordable price within our lifetime? I hope so, but I personally highly doubt it.

Talk to a physician Cody. there is some good advice on this thread but also some bad advice as well. You dont have to take hair loss meds for 10-15 yrs before you get a transplant. Like tc17, a hair transplant is a risk, but i feel he tends to overstate it. the bottom line is meds work pretty well for most people and in the next 20-30 yrs it s na near certainty there will be better treatments than propecia out.

people said the same thing to london lad that they are saying to you when he was asking for ht advice. hes currently in his 30's with a full head of hair and going great on the meds.

bottom line dont listen to a bunch of us random posters here on this forum who dont really know too much compared to that of an actual doc. good luck...