Steriod cream on receipient area

Hi

The receipient area after 6 months is still not smooth and i fee bumps at the hairline and it is still quit pink

Do you think i can apply steriod cream and it can effect the hair growth or not

is it better to start treating the skin now better than wait 1 year to avoid any scar formation ?

Hi

The receipient area after 6 months is still not smooth and i fee bumps at the hairline and it is still quit pink

Do you think i can apply steriod cream and it can effect the hair growth or not

is it better to start treating the skin now better than wait 1 year to avoid any scar formation ?

The pinkness means it is still healing but how the skin will heal in the end is an unknown. There are a lot of variables that go into this. Have you spoken to your doctor? I would recommend you not apply anything topical steroids of anything else for that matter before you speak with your doctor. If you have and aren't satisfied with the response you get then consider speaking to a dermatologist.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

I concur to avoid using any steroidal based topical creams so soon after the procedure. You definitely want to consult with your surgeon who will give you some advice on how to treat the scalp.

In the meantime, you can use a good aloe vera cream which can really help with redness and inflammation. It's a good approach especially when it's so soon after the procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY