Does India have robotic Hair Transplant procedure?

abhijit8537

Hi,

I'm suffering from hair thinning and fall issue from last 5+ years and can also see bald patches and started looking for good hair clinic in Mumbai. On research i came to know few clinics here in Mumbai are offering "Robotic Hair Transplant" and other clinics clearly says India still doesn't have "Robotic Hair Transplant" and now I'm confused.

Guys if you can help me and guide best hair transplant clinic in Mumbai with robotic hair transplant procedure(if any).

I'm looking for robotic hair transplant procedure because thats the only procedure which will help me in growing back hair in donor area(if I'm not wrong).

@abhijit8537 : Robotic transplants are NOT proven to give better results than non-robotic ones. You need to read through this forum and others and do more research before you jump in for a HT, not everything robotic is better.

There are plenty of good/excellent HT doctors in Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi and NCR region. And there are also some not so good one, so do your research with diligence. (you can pm me if you need further help researching any doctors), or just ask around the forum seniors.

My 2 cents.

@abhijit8537 : Robotic transplants are NOT proven to give better results than non-robotic ones. You need to read through this forum and others and do more research before you jump in for a HT, not everything robotic is better.

There are plenty of good/excellent HT doctors in Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi and NCR region. And there are also some not so good one, so do your research with diligence. (you can pm me if you need further help researching any doctors), or just ask around the forum seniors.

My 2 cents.

Thanks sutureless for your valuable comment. I have consulted few doctors in Mumbai and they said Robot will only be used for harvesting grafts from donor area and it will be placed manually in recipient area and only benefit i saw was regrow of hair in donor area. But on further consultation from other doctors i came to know that India still dont have ARTAS robots and clinics are giving false statements.

Thanks sutureless for your valuable comment. I have consulted few doctors in Mumbai and they said Robot will only be used for harvesting grafts from donor area and it will be placed manually in recipient area and only benefit i saw was regrow of hair in donor area. But on further consultation from other doctors i came to know that India still dont have ARTAS robots and clinics are giving false statements.

Hi Abhijit,

The grafts that are harvested from the donor area do not "regrow" (in the donor area), regardless of the harvesting technique used (manual or robotic). But usually there are enough grafts left over to "cover" the donor area.

I suggest that you research HT (techniques and surgeons) more, as much as possible.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest consulting our interactive map. You can find all the physicians we recommend in India and beyond.

There are some excellent surgeons in India performing world class FUE.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Why exactly you want the robot?

Please think twice and hard before deciding any surgery with the robot. Take a look to my experience on my first 2 surgeries with one of the pioneers in the world with the robot and you will see the damage in my donor area, the horrible results with plug like density and again I had my surgery with one of the guys who helped designed the robot. You can compare and the results with manual FUE are WAY better in terms of the damage to the donor area, graft size and final implanted density if you really want a full density results.

Good luck in your search.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

Why exactly you want the robot?

Please think twice and hard before deciding any surgery with the robot. Take a look to my experience on my first 2 surgeries with one of the pioneers in the world with the robot and you will see the damage in my donor area, the horrible results with plug like density and again I had my surgery with one of the guys who helped designed the robot. You can compare and the results with manual FUE are WAY better in terms of the damage to the donor area, graft size and final implanted density if you really want a full density results.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have just started my research and came to know from one clinic in Mumbai about ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant and was told to me in consultation that using Robot there are 95% chances of hair regrowth in donor area and thats the only thhing i started my research on robots. As you have experience in robotic hair transplant, is it true about hair regrowth in donor area or its a false statement? Thanks.

Hi Abhijit,

The grafts that are harvested from the donor area do not "regrow" (in the donor area), regardless of the harvesting technique used (manual or robotic). But usually there are enough grafts left over to "cover" the donor area.

I suggest that you research HT (techniques and surgeons) more, as much as possible.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

Thanks for providing this information and its so disappointing that clinics give such a false statement about hair regrowth in donor area if done througj robotic. But is there any way or possibility for hair regrowth in donor area after transplant?

Thanks for providing this information and its so disappointing that clinics give such a false statement about hair regrowth in donor area if done througj robotic. But is there any way or possibility for hair regrowth in donor area after transplant?

Yes maybe there is a possibility... of 100% of chance that nothing will regrowth and that they are giving you false statement. So far there is no proven way to produce regrowth.

For example Dr. Nigam is being investigated by police for false statements with a similar case of donor regeneration (not with the robot) source.

Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus could do that in the future but even experts believe that will be hard to do. His technique will be awesome to avoid scarring but I am less optimistic about the donor regeneration.

Again. In my opinion... not only that you will NOT get any regrowth with the Robot but your donor area will be damaged forever (like me). Big punch scars and damaged surrounding follicles, simply because the Robot is more aggressive taking the grafts with more tissue around the graft itself that you don't need for survival rate. Also remember that I did my surgery with the doctor that most likely is the one teaching how to use the robot to any doctor purchasing this technology and also remember that leading doctors like Lorenzo (completely avoid the Robot) and the rumor with Rahal is that he purchased one just to realize the bad results and now he use it to hang clothes.

At the end it is your decision but I paid a high price for not paying attention to other patients and people in forums before my first surgery and now I regret the decision.

Manual FUE is the gold standard right now for high density and better results on both donor and recipient area.

Good luck.

Minoxidil 5% twice a day

Propecia 0.5mg every other day

Ketoconazole Shampoo twice a week

Biotin, MSM, Multivitamins supplements.

1st Surgery October 2013: 1973 Grafts. ARTAS Robot. HORRIBLE DENSITY, DAMAGED DONOR AREA.

2nd Surgery Sept 2014: 1926 Grafts. Manual FUE. Little better results but still poor density (specially in the crown) compared with other top doctors.

3rd Surgery Nov 2015: 2880 Grafts. Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid, Spain. Amazing results!

Yes maybe there is a possibility... of 100% of chance that nothing will regrowth and that they are giving you false statement. So far there is no proven way to produce regrowth.

For example Dr. Nigam is being investigated by police for false statements with a similar case of donor regeneration (not with the robot) source.

Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus could do that in the future but even experts believe that will be hard to do. His technique will be awesome to avoid scarring but I am less optimistic about the donor regeneration.

Again. In my opinion... not only that you will NOT get any regrowth with the Robot but your donor area will be damaged forever (like me). Big punch scars and damaged surrounding follicles, simply because the Robot is more aggressive taking the grafts with more tissue around the graft itself that you don't need for survival rate. Also remember that I did my surgery with the doctor that most likely is the one teaching how to use the robot to any doctor purchasing this technology and also remember that leading doctors like Lorenzo (completely avoid the Robot) and the rumor with Rahal is that he purchased one just to realize the bad results and now he use it to hang clothes.

At the end it is your decision but I paid a high price for not paying attention to other patients and people in forums before my first surgery and now I regret the decision.

Manual FUE is the gold standard right now for high density and better results on both donor and recipient area.

Good luck.

Yes Dr Rahal's clinic recently posted on this forum that they purchased the robot, used it for a while, and determined that manual extractions are better. Hasson also recently posted on their website that they tried out the robot as well, but concluded that manual punches work better, so have discontinued using it. I do find it very interesting that a pioneer like Dr Bernstein still uses the robot and hasn't reached the same conclusion as the others did.

Yes Dr Rahal's clinic recently posted on this forum that they purchased the robot, used it for a while, and determined that manual extractions are better. Hasson also recently posted on their website that they tried out the robot as well, but concluded that manual punches work better, so have discontinued using it. I do find it very interesting that a pioneer like Dr Bernstein still uses the robot and hasn't reached the same conclusion as the others did.

Does Bernstein really still use the robot? I know he's still adamant about FUE vs FUT yield differences.

I remember seeing Dr. Harris present the robot on the Doctors TV show way back when.