Healthy Gel, Wax or Pomade? Anyone know of any?

• Administrators

I use redken work wax, it's gentle on the hair and doesn't flake, Pete and Pedro putty is pretty good too.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I use redken work wax, it's gentle on the hair and doesn't flake, Pete and Pedro putty is pretty good too.

Cheers mate I'm looking for something a bit more organic though that might actually nourish the scalp. I don't have the growth for it yet either but to remain optimistic iv decided to purchase some styling product, as a show of belief to myself ??

• Administrators

I use emu oil sometimes, it makes the hair feel really nice, and it's totally natural, it also helps in the absorption of minoxidil, most ketocanzole shampoos like regenepure and big 3 have it listed as an ingredient. 3 months is the hardest months, don't worry growth will start soon, im another 3 months you'll look back at these times like a distant memory.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I use emu oil sometimes, it makes the hair feel really nice, and it's totally natural, it also helps in the absorption of minoxidil, most ketocanzole shampoos like regenepure and big 3 have it listed as an ingredient. 3 months is the hardest months, don't worry growth will start soon, im another 3 months you'll look back at these times like a distant memory.
Cheers mate thanks for the tips. Iv stopped buzzing it last week at 3 month mark so now I'm bracing myself. It will be the first time I havnt buzzed in 2 and a half years

Have you considered a leave -in conditioner? Good for the hair and has some light, non sticky hold.

Not a bad suggestion but I would imagine the hold would be very very light. I'm taking a gamble on one of the John masters range, pretty expensive too unfortunately, for the price of it it should be able to cook you dinner

Yeah its a light hold. Kind of like you hair would look at the end of the day if you threw some gel in earlier than morning. Definitely for someone who prefers a lighter look.

Also, the thicker the hold the more the hairs clump together the less visually dense it will look. Just something to factor too.

Yeah its a light hold. Kind of like you hair would look at the end of the day if you threw some gel in earlier than morning. Definitely for someone who prefers a lighter look.

Also, the thicker the hold the more the hairs clump together the less visually dense it will look. Just something to factor too.

That is a very valid point so I went with something very light and no more than a pea sized amount will be used. What kind of leave in conditioner might you recommend just incase it ends up not to my liking. I'd rather leave it dry without any product than sacrifice visual density