VIDEO Dr. Lindsey 2nd stage scar excision on young female with chemical burn

Viewers may recall this young lady had a chemical burn in 2014. In June, I excised roughly 70% of the superior scar, posted on this site as well, and she did well. Now 6 months later, we'll excise the rest of the superior scar.

HOPEFULLY she won't widen out and next summer we can either excise the inferior scar, or put hair in the superior scar.

The video is:

She's a great young lady and was kind enough to post the first round, so hopefully she'll come on after the holidays and post again.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

Well this was the second go around with Dr. Lindsey, this time I wasn't as nervous! Since I knew what to expect and seen how great he did on the first scar reduction. It really blew my mind how well it looked. After this surgery it has healed up pretty well and we are hoping for no stretching. Looking forward to our next step in this process!

Thanks Dr. Lindsey

Nice stitch work. Dr Lindsay knows his scars!

Be interesting to see it all healed up and then some hair grafts put in there. Will it be FUE or Strip, or mfue? or you not even thought about that yet?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Thanks

This young lady could be my daughter. She's a small town girl who had a bad event. Fortunately she has a nice husband who has helped her along this journey, and a nice mom too. That is half the battle.

I'm excited to see her in June and figure out what, if anything, is next.

Interestingly I have an older lady who is just starting this same adventure...I'm a bit surprised to have 2 in a year. Hopefully we'll get started with her repair soon and get it posted. Personally I think the legal beagles are slowing that one down...

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

She sent in a pic from this weekend. She's about 6 weeks out from our second stage. I think she's likely extruding a couple deep sutures, as is common in these tough scar cases..and seen lower is the remaining separate scar. We'll see her back in the summer to figure out if A: we're done B: we'll excise the lower and then do hair in both next year or C: we'll just put hair in the top.

Interesting case on a delightful young lady.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

90.thumb.jpg.05ee20e02bf136e326e2fbd55c282c92.jpg

McLean, VA

home1212. yes. Even bigger rewards from the couple of kids who had radiation hair loss that we've fixed and posted on the forums. My daughter was lucky not to need HT as she has only 2 50cent sized spots hidden beneath other hair, but for the kids we've done that were missing a softball size patch or larger, the results were life-changing!

Petchski. Tough to tell. My son and I presented 14 cases of hair into scar at 3 national doctor meetings and I thought we'd had it all figured out. 14/14 great results. We've had 2 more great results and one mediocre...so as I've stated many times, scar tissue is like bad soil...its hard to grow things in it if the roots are fragile. This girl has great hair, so I'd expect it to be on the better end of the spectrum.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA