Facial swelling tips wanted

Hi I understand that I should expect facial swelling because I am only getting front hairline done. By reading through the forums I understand I should expect this in 2-5 days post op. I will be flying home on day 4 post op so I expect I will be at my worst. Any tips on how to avoid, minimize, speed up this process would be appreciated. I am thinking maybe standing lots during the day may speed it up. Massaging? ice? advil? and I will definitely sleep at a 45 degree angle. What has worked for you guys?

Thanks!

This will sound crazy, but it works.

After my surgery at SMG the Patient Director saw my face was starting to get a little puffy. I had all hairline work too. She grabbed heavy duty medical tape and taped it across my forehand just below the hairline.

I forget the exact explanation, but I suppose the sturdy tape just below the hairline would prevent the swelling and puffiness from making it down toward my eyes and face? Who knows, it worked.

A headband used for absorbing sweat can help if you wear it just above the eyebrows. Also, redirect the most of it by taking your thumbs and wiping it across the forehead, and push it down the sides of your temples. Basically, force it up and around to the sides of your forehead.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Out of curiosity, are you having FUE or Strip? If I'm not mistaken, the swelling is a lot worse with strip. I had FUE and had almost no swelling at all. The only thing I did to help keep the swelling at bay was sleeping upright at a 45 degree angle. It seemed to do the trick.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

There can be a fair amount of fluids injected into the scalp including saline. Any way that you can red-direct the fluids from being pulled downward can be beneficial.

It is the effects of gravitational pull that causes this swelling and I like the idea of using a headband.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY