How To Measure The Timeline?

Most people talk about "months" post op. However... obviously different months add up to a different number of days.

For example, I had my procedure done August 17. Today is December 19. Is this considered just over 4 months? I believe I am approaching 18 weeks.

How are we measuring this exactly?

• Administrators

That's 4 months, its better to look at things in terms of months, because if you look at things in terms of days, you're going to turn yourself crazy. I had my surgery July 17th, I consider that 5 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for the replies. That is nice to know because that means I am right at about 4 months and am already seeing substantial changes. If I am really only at 25% or so now... I am going to be freaking stoked over the coming months.

At first I was counting weeks and that was making me crazy...

Its also interesting to factor slow vs fast weeks. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I swear some weeks the new hairs coming in are more active than others. It doesnt seemt to exactly mimic the native hair growth process... at least not maybe the first time in all comes in.