Rogaine loss immediately before hair transplant

Mav1729

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the naive question. I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to this question so I am just going to post it here. Any response is appreciated.

I started using Rogaine about 2 months before a hair transplant. Now I understand that there is going to be shedding for the first few weeks. My questions is when there is hair loss for about 2 months due to Rogaine and when you go in for a hair transplant surgery, could the doctor not falsely think that the hair follicle which went dormant is dead and transplant new hair where there actually was you original native hair?

My concern is this would actually be rather counter-productive and lead to sub optimal results. Please advise.

Cheers!

Your specific treatment plan is unique. How much loss have you experience since your initial assessment? The date of your surgery should be advised by your doctor.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Well, the answer is yes, however, mathematically the chances are very slim that the doc would permanently damage your dormant follicles in any significant way, so chanceshe are, in the worest case scenario, you'll end up with thicker hair was initially expected. This is assuming you are going to a doc using very refined technique.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Mav,

I agree with Spanker. Using small, refined tools at correct angles should make this a non-issue.

Best of luck!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.