Please pass this survey everyone! Is propecia safe to try?

HRN

If you`ve already passed this survey on another forum - please don`t do it again here.

1) Overall time period of using Propecia/Finasteride?

2) dose?

3) your age?

4) have you spotted any side effects?

a. no

b. yes, but they`re gone while I`m still on Propecia (please specify time period)

c. yes, but they`re gone after I stop taking Propecia (please specify time period)

d. yes, and I`m still facing side effects even after stop taking Propecia (please specify time period)

e. your version

5) Time period after start taking Propecia, when you first spotted side effects?

6) Please describe your side effects

7) Your comments (for example, how you`ve been cured from side effects)

1. Roughly 6 years

2. 1 MG daily

3. 33

4. No side effects

5/6. N/A

7. I should note I have developed Irritable bowel syndrome over the past 5 years or so, increasingly getting worse last year or so. Never heard of that as a finasteride side effect, but I guess I can't rule it out as the cause either. Could just be a timely coincidence. I just don't know.

1) 5yrs.

2) I was cutting 5mg Proscar tabs in half; since they aren't homogeneous, this brings the dose to anywhere from 1 to 4mg pre day (according to my pharmacist)--my doc gave them to me before it was made into a drug for hair loss (1998)

3) 58

4) no

5,6 N/A

7) I'm now using an herbal replacement for Finasteride, it's called: Praire Naturals, "Prost Force", Prostate Support Formula. This has been the single best discovery I've made in my epic hair recovery journey. Works the same way as Finasteride. And no drugs/no worries. Wish I would have known before; would be ridiculous for anyone to use Finasteride when you can use a herb that does same. . .Just make sure that you keep written account of time of dose!!...Or whatever you use will turn into FIN-NASTY-RIDE!! (It's easy to remember that you've done a capsule when you first start using, but when the days turn to weeks and months it's impossible without accounting.) . . .Also, if you decide to use this herb go with twice a day (every 12 hrs--exactly same time, everyday). I started with 3 times a day; it's working great, but now I'm stuck wondering if twice would have been enough--I think so.

Edited by iiieee

1: Started fin in October 2013. Still using it

2: 1mg

3: 26

4: No sides at all

The only thing I can recall is that BEFORE I started fin, I had problems holding an erection. And WHILST on fin, I still have this problem. Usually a Chinese herbal pill sorts it out for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than answering the survey at this time, I just wanted to make a general comment. Asking the question "Is Propecia safe to try?" Isn't overly relevant since there really isn't an answer to that. Asking if Propecia comes with the possibility of side effects is more relevant in which case the answer is yes. Some people are more susceptible than others to side effects and I suppose that you will begin to see the differences in people's reaction to it through their answers to your questions. Personally, I was on Propecia for about seven years or maybe more and I did not experience any side effects. However, after reading reports and studies about the potential for long-term side effects along with my own reasons for not wanting to use Propecia forever, I decided to stop taking it. Thankfully, I have not noticed any additional hair loss below the crown area which is what I thought Propecia was saving. At the end of the day, people need to make their own decisions as to whether or not to Propecia is right for them.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm a good example for how side effects depend on the person. I'm a pre op transgender female who has been on the strongest anti androgens, finasteride, dutasteride along with estradiol for 8 years. My testosterone levels are lower than cis gender females and I have no sexual side effects, or effects at all. Side effects are always a possibility but not everyone gets them.