When can I ride?????

I had a hair transplant done with Dr.Wong on July 5, 2004 (4044 grafts) and am looking pretty good so far. The important question is when can I ride my motorcycle and when can I ride my dirtbike. My wife is worried I will hurt the transplants and/or donor area. Please let me know asap as I am going crazy not being on my bikes..... Thanks alot...

I had a hair transplant done with Dr.Wong on July 5, 2004 (4044 grafts) and am looking pretty good so far. The important question is when can I ride my motorcycle and when can I ride my dirtbike. My wife is worried I will hurt the transplants and/or donor area. Please let me know asap as I am going crazy not being on my bikes..... Thanks alot...

Hey guys....this is baldeagle's wife here. He just couldn't wait and left for a short ride on his street bike a few minutes ago. Today is exactly 2 weeks. My fingers are crossed that his impatience hasn't bothered the implants. I've put my foot down about riding his dirtbike though, he races cross country here in B.C. and I think the constant jolting of his helmet in that kind on environment would be very detrimental to his new hair! Am I right or am I being too paranoid? Just want to do what's right for him...as the surgery is not something he really wants to repeat..(though it went very well...maybe I'll post some pics sometime).

Anyway, thanks for your help..

...A Concerned Wife.... icon_confused.gif

What about baseball hats? I want to get my HT and then wear a hat for a few weeks to a month (at work too) until my scalp is not red and the healing process is well under way.

What about baseball hats? I want to get my HT and then wear a hat for a few weeks to a month (at work too) until my scalp is not red and the healing process is well under way.

I wore a loose fitting baseball cap for pretty much the first 2-3 months...not 24/7, but just out in public....it was loose enough not to rub on the donor scar....

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Baldeagle1, just wondering:

Do you have any pics of yourself before and/or after?

What Norwood scale were you before your HT?

How big was your strip? How many fu's per cm^2 did you yield?

Are you planning a second HT? If so, how many grafts do you have available for harvest?

I searched for your posts and found no info regarding your recent HT. I always like to know these things, especially with a mega session. So, if you could fill us in...

Thanks.

i started riding one month post op...no harm was done and if they say 3 weeks is adequate time, you can be assured that is correct.

2002 RM250

1999 CBR 600 F4i

----------------------------------------------------------