1674 FUE to Hairline w/Dr. Ron Shapiro

Hi.

We performed an FUE procedure on a young German patient last week. He is 25 currently with a birthay in November. He had very good donor density with plenty of 3 and 4 hair grafts, which we trimmed many down to 1's and 2's since we worked on the hairline. He seemed very happy to be sitting in the surgery chair...so much so that I had to tease him a few times because he'd sit with a big smile on his face all day. When I took his photo, I asked for the famous smile for the frontal face shot.

Here is his post op shot with the big smile. He is very happy with the hairline design and promised to update us with his progress pictures.

merw-smile.jpg

Donor density:

Slide6.jpg

Our patient sent couple before photos and we took some before photos as well.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

The work looks simply stellar. I also like that Dr. Ron selected the hairs from such a broad area on the back, thereby ensuring no 'thinning' in the donor zone. This is going to look great!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Rayray,

With our fue cases, we like to limit our

session sizes to 1000 grafts per day. This patient has tremendous donor and with many groupings of 3's and 4's, it didn't take long to get 1000 grafts. We stopped at 1081 first day and could have easily finished up on day two. Dr. Shapiro and patient opted to keep the third day open for "tweaking" so we utilized the third day for just a short time.

M&M, I agree that this patient should have a great result. He's very excited.

hdude,

Dr. Ron strengthened this patient's existing hairline in the center/front and brought the receded sides down. Dr. Ron took the density photo in the hairline after the grafts were planted - it measured at 55-65 grafts per cm2. That's on the higher end of our density for the hairline but it's in line with his native hair density at the hairline. Once again, this patient has great donor so it allows to give him good density now. He also has enough in the donor bank to address his loss if it progresses further.

I remember seeing this guy in the lobby last week! Looks terrific!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Work looks great, Janna! Couple questions, if you get a minute:

How many consecutive days are you comfortable doing? And do you think this # might change going forward? Do you think 1k/day will be a general guideline in the future, too, or can you see the number increasing to 1500+? If so, and doing even but two consecutive days, you're truly offering a large number patients a ton of flexibility.

Taking the approach of working consecutive days...is there any clinic or reasoning in particular that inspired this approach? I've always felt that it makes a lot of sense, but Bisanga is the only clinic I can think of that really made it a staple of their FUE practice.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hdude,

We do have the before and after pics of Lee- I've posted his results here before so I'll bring it back to forefront and link his video interview to it. Thanks for the inquiry.

Thana,

We are currently comfortable working 2-3 consec. days - mainly because we don't like to harvest more than 2500 grafts on a patient via fue. We want to see how the skin heals and see the hairs growing in the back. We want to ensure that there's no indication of any white dotted scarring. Some patients with low density may not even be able to get 2500 but that's another story. I know part of the reasoning is that most patients want more than 1000 grafts and the length of time it takes to extract and plant varies from patient to patient so we want the patient to be prepared for 2 or three days just in case. We can cherry pick the grafts on day two or three once the redness settles down in the donor area. It's also nice for the doc to add grafts/tweak the hairline too on following days to make sure the hairline is perfect. We like the comfortable pace we are at now - there is no stress on the doc, techs and patient at this point. Seeing patients heal very quickly also indicates we're going about it right too. So far all of our hairline fue patients have been pleasantly surprised and pleased by their procedure. Will we increase our session sizes per day - only time, experience and results from our patients will tell in the future.....so stay tuned. icon_smile.gif

It's good to hear from you. How are things going for you?

Thx for the informative response, Janna, makes sense, and I've talked to some of your FUE patients who were really impressed and blown away by the recovery vs. strip. It really seems like the Armani Era of FUE has died out as responsible, skilled -- effective -- clinics like yours and Dr. Feller's are advancing FUE and working to best serve patients as opposed to your bottomline.

I'm doing well, btw, thanks for asking; things going well for you, I assume? I'm back to online poker so I have a bit more idle time to obsess on my hair. icon_smile.gif In all seriousness, I'm considering FUE, and a largish session if I end up going for it...I already have a strip scar ( icon_mad.gif haha), but it'd still be nice if I could manage to just use FUE going forward. It's tricky because my #1 goal is still prolly setting myself up to be able to squeeze out as many grafts from my donor as possible when all is said and done. As the year closes out I think I'll have a pretty good idea on whether I'll pull the trigger.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hdude,

I'll get the pics to you soon.

Thana,

I think if you don't mind paying the extra for fue and also shaving down the whole donor area - then fue is a great option. The healing and recovery doesn't compare. Great to hear you're doing well. I'm just peachy as usual.... thanks. Whatever you decide, I know it'll be an informed and well thought out decision. Best wishes, as always.