Large Whorl or Balding???

redchickenleg

I saw a picture of my crown yesterday under a bright light and I was quite alarmed and wanted to check whether it looks normal or not...

I've taken some pictures under harsh fluorescent lighting, it seems like I've got a longer crown than usual, if you know what I mean. It's not just a circle.

My hair doesn't seem to be thinning, it's just the crown is very pronounced. I'm 26 years old.

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

Pictures https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9XnixJOMtTRUEtPeDQ3MWJHMm8&usp=sharing

Red,

Very hard to tell based on those images alone.

However, my initial feeling is that it is a natural whorl and not a crown affected by male pattern hair loss.

But I absolutely recommend having this checked out by a hair loss doctor in person (if you are still concerned). Make sure to keep a close eye on it yourself too.

Best of luck.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looks like a double whorl and because of the hair is facing so many directions it makes it tough to hide all the scalp effectively. I have seen this many times in person and it can appear to be thinning but I think in your case it is not something to be concerned about.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Second set of images convince me even more; it's a whorl.

Good luck! Keep an eye on it.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looks fine to me. Maybe worth taking pics under the same lighting conditions every six months or so to be sure though. Is hair loss prevalent in your family?

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.