Rogaine- Covering more surface area

Paulygon

I know Rogaine is recommend and proven to be effective for the crown (probably because that's where they tested it in trials).

I apply it to my crown AND to the front of my head. I run through this stuff like crazy and run out much faster than most people who use it at the recommended dosage level. Getting refills/reloading becomes a nuisance because I have to buy 3-packs every 5 weeks.

Is my logic correct in that if I am trying to cover more surface area than the CROWN, then I have to increase the amount of dosage I am applying? 5 mL seems too little to cover both the crown and frontal scalp....

ANY THOUGHTS?

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

You must really be using a lot. I put it on my crown and front too and go through one container every 3 weeks. I've read quite a bit that using more doesn't improve the results.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I've always taken the philosophy that the recommended 5ml was meant to primarily cover the crown. I also apply it all over, including the front and I tend to add a bit more in order to get more coverage.

I use foam and I have not really paid attention to how quickly I go through a bottle but I'd say it lasts about 3 weeks.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I've always taken the philosophy that the recommended 5ml was meant to primarily cover the crown. I also apply it all over, including the front and I tend to add a bit more in order to get more coverage.

I use foam and I have not really paid attention to how quickly I go through a bottle but I'd say it lasts about 3 weeks.

Ditto. I use foam and run a few streaks from front to crown then rub it in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Well after my HT I am applying it using a spray - 5 sprays is 1ml. I do after apply a folded tissue at the front of my forehead as it has caused spots, that's why I hate drops as they drip.