dense packing?

Hey, I had a transplant a couple years ago with a respectable recommended doctor, however im not happy with the density at all. The transplant he did, turned out great, just not dense enough. I have contacted his office to try and get a appointment but haven't received any call backs. I'm wondering, would it be a bad decision to go with another doctor, just to add density. I was considering dr. vories. what do yall think? You can see pics of my first transplant with dr cooley, if you search, "finally bit the bullet". Thanks

Looked at your results and I think they look great! You'll never have the hair density of your youth so, to me, you look terrific without looking artificially dense.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I appreciate it man. Im happy with the results but in the sun light, they look kind of like plugs. I feel like it needs more. Maybe its just me. Ill post some more pics in the sunlight tomorrow. Maybe that will give a more detailed description of what I mean. but thank you for the response

Be careful with dense packing. Do you know what your density planted was? Was it 65cm or higher or lower? Wreckless packing may do you more harm then good. Dont believe in the numbers as they cant be definite if promised a certain density. Think this through... Also be careful of any shock to the donor as well. You wont get info like that on the day of procedure... It is a risky thing....

Best of luck

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the original density. As far as 65cm, more or less. This is a pic of my hair pushed back. I have to wear it straight down. If I have it styled back, I notice people look straight at my hair line. It's rainy today but In sunlight, it looks worse.

image.jpeg.f1a6ea1d0c1166b43350d5db528ac88f.jpeg

After looking at your pic, i can COMPLETELY understand the situation. You will get those stares from folks because it stands out to people, especially if you are in close vicinity and take part in multiple business meetings per day. Just be careful and In my opinion, repair yourself in baby steps. Utilize a doctor that is known for superior FUE yield. The doctor should do all extractions and incisions by themselves and only focus on you as the patient of the day. This has to be done nice and slow as you do not want to risk shockloss. I can understand where you coming from though. Get estimates from docs both on this forum and not mentioned on this forum.

Ok thank you for that info. When you say baby steps, do you mean one area at a time? Or small amount of graphs, spread out. I haven't seen any doctors about this yet. In my opinion I wanted to add 1000 grafts to the hairline, and if possible, some grafts to my forelock. I'm know Doctor, and a amateur at this. I've been thru one transplant but would like to make my second, my last transplant. If possible

Ok thank you for that info. When you say baby steps, do you mean one area at a time? Or small amount of graphs, spread out. I haven't seen any doctors about this yet. In my opinion I wanted to add 1000 grafts to the hairline, and if possible, some grafts to my forelock. I'm know Doctor, and a amateur at this. I've been thru one transplant but would like to make my second, my last transplant. If possible

It could be either way. The idea is to not have too many grafts placed in a zone that already has diminished blood supply due to existing scar tissue from your previous surgery. So scatterred would be safter then to risk all grafts again in the same zone at once. If you are doing a 1000 grafts extra to repair your hairline, which is evident, then do 500 now and 500 a year later. If you do all 1000 now, you may risk more than 50% to follicle death and lack of yield. Some docs wont tell you that, they dont inform you like this when they need your $$$.

Thats why it is really good to bring regulatory bodies to the discussion tables and have them review business entities, their posts, their relationships, the doctors and how they market, the deletions, the claims, the agreements, the promises, the doctors methods, the standards, the communications, the doctors surgical methods, the use of techs, the machines used, the yield claims, the informed consent forms, etc every angle. It draws the right folks in at the right time.

• 2 months later...