Is washing my hair everyday abit excessive?

Hi I currently wash my hair with Nizoral shampoo every Sunday and the remainder 6 days I use nioxin shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment spray.

Is washing it once a day with all this too much? I was under the impression over washing your scalp is bad

Any advice/help would be great

obviously I bathed every day as a child too but my mother always used to say to me "skip the odd day from using shampoos as you're washing away all the natural oils and minerals which is bad for your scalp" I don't know if it was ever true but about 2 sometimes 3 times Id bath through the week I would avoid using shampoos and only shampoo and condition about 4-5 of the days in the week? Just to give my scalp a break.

Is this true it's not great for your scalp? So don't under wash it, don't over wash it just somewhere inbetween maybe? Or is washing everyday not a problem?

theres a chemical in many shampoos, sodium lauryl sulfate, that is taxing on your hair and strips the body and texture from it. I dont think ( or know honestly) if it has an impact beyond appearance. I've always been told that its not necessary to wash your hair in general more than a few times a week. Really, its marketing mostly, theres no science that says you need to wash daily. Some natural oils are likely good for your scalp.

It is true that washing every day will remove the natural oils and other secretions from the scalp that help keep the scalp from drying out and the hair from becoming dried out and brittle.

Washing every other day is better for the overall health of the hair and scalp IMHO.

Some guys who work construction or have the type of occupation that gets their hair dirty may need to wash their hair daily to remove the dirt but other than that, there is no real benefit to washing it every day.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I do work in construction,

So would you suggest if is ash with nizoral on the Sunday and then have a day on day off washing with and without shampoo? So if I use Nixon shampoo on Monday then just wash my hair with abit of water to remove the dirt from the scalp on Tuesday then Nixon Wednesday etc etc?

I dunno for sure , but I had read somewhere on Dr. Rassman , Baldingblog .... that the shampoo has no effect on the Hair as the Roots are well below the skin from where they get their Nourishment , so it is NOT a Concern even if u wash daily ... but then again its better to ask the Forum Moderators as they are better informed than me ... OR still better to ask any Recommended Doctors on this forum !!

Thanks Ive always been under the impression washing constantly will rid the scalp of natural oils etc which isn't great for the scalp obvs,

Would be nice if someone could answer my message before about one on one off with shampoo will help me sort my regime out thanks a lot guys, again lots of help and responses from this forum :)