Why use per graft for FUE prices?

custar

Been starting to research and the way they price FUE is confusing and has a pretty steep range, $5-$12 per graft. Wouldn't it be easier if they had set amount and used norwood scale, lets say I wanted my hair 1 norwood down, it would cost $5k, or if I want 2 norwoods down or a norwood down and a crown would cost $9k, or 3 nw's down would cost $12k. Seems they use the per graft to get the most amount of money from people by using a higher range and is confusing when trying to research

It may be highly subjective to estimate the number of grafts to move a "norwood". Also it depends on what you're ultimate goal may be. Using the FUE process the doctor takes grafts from different donor areas to build the hairline, etc. Some grafts produce singles, doubles, etc. Most of my grafts had two hairs. I've had 7,125 grafts and over 14,000 hairs transplanted. A lot of variables go into the number of grafts you may need to meet your objective. You do have an interesting idea but charging for grafts protects the patient as well and you actually get what you paid for.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Each patient's case and their characteristics will be different. Some will need more and some will need less grafts. Units are being moved so grafts are used as the denominator in price.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks guys, also now confused about hairs vs grafts. I seen on here somewhere posted that some grafts can contain 2-4 hairs, so they charge per graft and not per hair? so if I needed 1000 grafts, the 1000 grafts could possibly contain 2000 hairs?

That's correct "custar". When I had 5,125 grafts transplanted in 2012, I actually ended up with over 11,000 hairs. I had a lot of singles (1 hair per graft) but most of mine were doubles and a some triples. My second transplant of 2,000 grafts yielded well over 3,000 actual hairs.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.