Thinning crown or natural parting?

Tjnc84

Recently caught a glimpse of my crown and am concerned that I a developing a bald spot, but could just be paranoid and its just my natural parting. I have attached a couple of pics. I am 31, my father still has a full head of hair but my mums dad was bald.

IMG_20150904_233442949.jpg.8536ca390b4e2ff10b83bed18a229cb0.jpg

IMG_20150904_233445634.jpg.03c6c48836187daf877c1e6189479261.jpg

To my eye this looks like a natural parting and not hair loss.

Keep your eye on the crown. If you notice any thinning, taking action quickly via medical hair loss treatments will provide you the best opportunity to maintain your hair.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

My vote goes to ....

Natural parting.

I say this because I really see no obvious evidence of actual miniaturization in or around the crown. Just some exposed skin next to thick, terminal, anagen hairs! Though I will admit, it is a bit difficult to tell based on this images alone. Thus, I think Dave's advice is spot on; keep an eye on it!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Almost certainly natural parting. While many people have that natural whorl, many people don't, and instead their hair separates in a sort of colick that leaves some scalp exposed. I've got an area the size of a dime where my scalp shows through, but there's no miniaturization and the area hasn't expanded at all in ten years. Worth keeping an eye on, but I think you're fine.

Yeah I agree. I don't think you've anything to worry about there.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Looks normal to me. Keep an eye on it every six months or so but try not to obsess.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

At 31 years of age, you don't look like you have miniaturization in the crown. I see a natural-looking crown with healthy, natural-looking hair in it.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians