Positive Feedback from Hair Stylists

TakingThePlunge

Just thought I'd share a nice experience I had today while getting my hair cut.

I don't have a regular stylist. I just tend to walk in and take whomever happens to be available. I've grown used to being candid about my hair transplant surgeries and I always let them know that I've got a strip scar. I also let her know today that I'm expecting additional hair growth since I'm only about 6 months post-op from my most recent procedure with Dr. Bhatti.

I was the only customer in the place at the time and there were two stylists on. The other one heard me talking about my transplant and came over to examine my hair. Her first words were, "I would never have guessed". They were both extremely complimentary and seemed truly amazed that my hair looked perfectly natural. They told me about some of the obvious work they've come across and said that mine was the best they'd ever seen. Of course, I pointed out that they've likely "seen" several and just didn't know because it's only the bad ones that are detectable.

They were so interested in the procedure that I pulled up my blog on my phone and showed them my pre and post-op pics. They were equally amazed at seeing the strip scar on my shaved head because they said it was very well hidden with the #4 guard that was used.

All in all, it was a nice experience. Wish I'd had the exchange on video!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David,

Thanks for sharing. Very happy for you.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Great story. I've had some of these conversations with various hair stylists as well, and it's always a very pleasant and encouraging experience indeed.

One of the things that always stands out to me from these conversations is something you mentioned as well - that they usually mention having seen their fair share of "bad" hair transplants over the years ,which makes them appreciate the good ones even more. And every time, I'm reminded of what a useful tool this forum is. I really believe it keeps people from being one of those bad results sitting in the barber chair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I recently went for a little trim on the back of my head - I usually keep in 3 or 4 inches long and it was curling up so I wanted to take off the curls and shape it as the sides grow.

I mentioned casually about my HT and the girl was like "OMG! No Way Dude"

I live in California.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I have had similar experiences to you Dave.

Usually I just go to the next door supercuts and rotate between 2 or 3 stylists. I have to ask them to do a layered cut around the scar since the HT#3 scar is still evolving and its only then that they realize that all the hair in the hairline and midscalp is transplanted .

It generally leads to surprise / shock and then the inevitable questions about where / when / cost . Some of those stylist ladies themselves have had other cosmetic work done and it is interesting to have them compare the cost of their (different) procedures with mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This turned into an interesting discussion! I know some guys won't discuss their hair transplants even with their hair stylist but I guessed that others would have similar stories to mine.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website