short stubbles of hair - 2.5 months

Hey,

So in my hairline, I have several short stubbles of hair that have neither grown nor shed since the transplant. They don't look great.

1)Are these dead transplant hairs that will never grow?

2)If I pull them out will it destroy the graft?

thanks ;)

If these stubbles are graft hair, then at this point in time, they are undoubtedly dead hair shafts.

They should come out fairly easily by pulling on them. And no, removing them won't hurt the transplanted follicles.

Pretty soon you should start seeing some regrowth!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for your reply Gillenator. I've just tried to pull them out but they don't come loose. I think it's partly due to them being so small, I can't really get hold of them. Should I pluck them out with tweezers?

Does the fact that they never grew suggest they won't grow at all during the growth period?

So does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not I should pluck the stubles with tweezers or is this a bad idea?

Also, can anyone offer an explanation as to why some hairs grow immediately after transplant whilst other grafts don't grow and remain as short stubles? Is it a sign the graft is dead?

justgotfue,

The hair stubbles that grew are the grafts that continued on in the growth phase and did not yet go into dormancy. Otherwise they would have shed or just not grown any longer in length.

The stubbles that are not growing are probably grafts that did go dormant but for some reason have not shed the graft hair yet. Eventually they will.

So at 2-3 months post-op, new growth is on its way and eventually the hair will shed. If the stubbles won't pull out, then I would just leave them alone and check them again in another month or so.

I am assuming that the stubbles you are referring to are the graft hair right?

Soon you will be seeing lots of new growth especially when you get beyond the fourth month post-op...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

justgotfue,

The hair stubbles that grew are the grafts that continued on in the growth phase and did not yet go into dormancy. Otherwise they would have shed or just not grown any longer in length.

The stubbles that are not growing are probably grafts that did go dormant but for some reason have not shed the graft hair yet. Eventually they will.

So at 2-3 months post-op, new growth is on its way and eventually the hair will shed. If the stubbles won't pull out, then I would just leave them alone and check them again in another month or so.

I am assuming that the stubbles you are referring to are the graft hair right?

Soon you will be seeing lots of new growth especially when you get beyond the fourth month post-op...;)

Thanks Gillenator. YEs the stubbles are the graft hairs.

I'll report back in a month, maybe asking what to do again or hopefully telling you that they've fallen out!