FUE 5-10 years later

Hi guys,

I am 25 years old with a very thin hairline but thick hair everywhere else (photo attached).

Are there people out there who have had FUE procedures...Enjoyed the results for a few years (hopefully 5-10)...then instead of having to get another hair transplant when more native hairs fall out, just decide to shave their head instead of going through the process again? How does a shaved head look with someone who has previously undergone an FUE procedure to their hair line?

I understand FUE isn't necessarily "scar less", but it sounds way more aesthetically appealing on a completely shaved head compared to a FUT scar...would it still look bad even though it is not a straight line?

My question is: Does this seem like a good/reasonable game plan to have? It's not that I am against having a second transplant down the line...more so that I just don't want to have to prepare for that...also don't want to take propecia for the rest of my life as well.

I went over this with a doctor and he agreed it wasn't a bad game plan and that he would just go extremely conservative on my hairline (not sure if he was just agreeing with me to take my $ or if he actually agreed).

Summary:

Game plan: Get FUE done now on hair line...enjoy having hair for hopefully 5-10 years...shave head when more native hairs start falling out behind the transplanted area down the line.

Question: Would that look weird/bad when I eventually do shave my head? Or am I better off not getting transplant done and shaving head sooner? Is there a real noticeable difference between a "normal" bald person instead of a bald person who "previously had a hair transplant"... Anything else I should be concerned with?

Thanks guys!

-LD

IMG_3305.jpg.8efed729b4026f5d7d56ebfb43361332.jpg

This is the same strategy like mine, i had one recently and after surgery i was so confused and terrified from this idea, when i asked my doctor about shaving after years and my concern regardin scarrs and white dots, he told me the big scars of fue are old technique, now we are using punches 0.8 to 0.6 or even 0.5. And those type of punches will make so tiny scars that even with time it might be healed and even if you need to shave nothing would be seen,

so my advice to you ask for punches size should be less than 1 mm

1 week after my fue operation, it was impossible to notice any fue scar on my scalp. They used 0.7 mm punch for extraction. the yield rate is poor though. I would still go with fue instead of fut.

I have seen many people having weird located hair. Especially HT done on the hairline is very noticeable a few years later the operation. A second operation or smp can be required after 30

Yes, but the question is shaving completly i mean at leadt for receipient area as even with buz cut it will not look natural so if someone shave hte transplant hair ank buzz the donor area it will work, would be any marks on receipent area? Or the skin would be normal ? Could give you a fade style for example ?

i think we both fall into the 99% of all FUE's game plan, AKA back up plan, AKA escape root, AKA conservative approach, hence why it is becoming the most popular form of HT. I shave down to #1 around the sides every 3 weeks, doesn't look weird at all. My only suggestion is that stay on the meds for as long as you can, I have many doubts about the harvested hair being exposed to the area's of DHT and that harvested hair is different and doesn't get effected, i think the longer you take meds the longer the HT will survive, best of luck,

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

What about the transplant area, if you shave on skin it will be ok ? I m wondering because in future if i become sever bald i will shave the transplant hair to the end, but i m afraid from the skin surface i any punches would be there? What do you think