Angle of hairline hairs

The surgeon is supposed to view the still existing native hair on your hairline and implant the non-atrophic ones to match the original angle. Generally speaking, this translates into hair that point forward, except for persons that have a "cowlick".

take care...

It's also going to depend on how low the reconstructed hairline is going to be. Hairs seem to angle forward towards the very front, especially where the downward slope of the forehead begins, but they often angle upwards at a point slightly further back.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Originally posted by BigBill1234:

My hairline is pretty high, it wasnt lowered at all... It looks good when I comn is back or to the side, but when I just leave it alone those hairs stick up and push up the native hair around it so it looks kinda funny.

I didn't realise you were talking about your own transplanted hair. If the transplanted hairs stand out as incorrectly angled in comparison to the native hairs then I think your own observations are more important than any opinions that others might have on what is or isn't correct.

Are your problem hairs a significant proportion of the hairline or are they just the occasional trouble-maker?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quite a few were planted into my scar, but some were hard to get out so they were not viable.

From the look of it I wont get any visible scarring but time will tell. I am having the whole area re grafted, so hopefully if there is any scarring it wont be seen.

BigBill,

Typically, the natural angle of your frontal native hair is pointing forward. Quality physicians attempt to mimic nature as closely as possible and usually follow this pattern. Once hair grows longer however, especially if it has a curl, it may appear to grow in different directions. That's why it sometimes takes time to train your hair to style the way you like it.

All the Best,

Bill

Those 2 areas should NOT stick up if the HT was done properly. I know this first hand. The temples if done correctly should genarally follow the fall of the rest of your hairline, they wont be exactly the same but they will be similar.

My temples wernt going in different directions before they became thinner and I had a shite HT, and I suspect yours wernt either otherwise you would think it was normal and not even be commenting about it.

Like Bill said "Typically, the natural angle of your frontal native hair is pointing forward" I suspect yours hairs are pointing backwards like mine. Pics may help. icon_smile.gif

I'll try to post pictures. They are not pointing backwards, just seem to be pointing up when it's dry. Almost at like a 45 degree angle forward I guess. It's pretty obvious to me that they are transplanted hairs just because of their angle. Besides that they look good...

I think it comes down to the hairstyle personally. If you are going for a short cut, I beleive the doc should go flatter than the existing remaining native hair because transpanted hair is coarser, especailly amongst native hairline hair. The other thing I figure is, i think we get transfixed on the mirror frontal picture at times.