Sleeping on donor scar?

I had my staples removed three days ago, so sleeping is a ton better and I am still careful about how I lay my head but when I wake up my donor scar still feels tender, is this a sign that I might be stretching it and I should sleep in a different position? I know its said that sleeping shouldnt stretch the scar, but the is fact that its tender when I wake a bad sign?

Don't think it's a bad sign. As long as you don't sleep with your chin to your chest you are probably going to be ok. :D

The tenderness at this stage is normal. Wound and tissue is still healing. Over the coming days it should gradually settle.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

If you had your staples removed 3 days ago then you are probably beyond 12 days post-op right?

You won't hurt your donor scar by sleeping in a normal position and I agree that the tenderness is normal at this point in time and this will improve in the coming few weeks or so.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

yeah I am 18 days post right now, and thanks

my scar is about the width of a pencil I think, when I was looking into the scars from this clinic they were hard to detect and looked really good, do you think mine will end up that good when its fully healed or did I just not luck out

yeah I am 18 days post right now, and thanks

my scar is about the width of a pencil I think, when I was looking into the scars from this clinic they were hard to detect and looked really good, do you think mine will end up that good when its fully healed or did I just not luck out

As long as you are a good healer, have no physiological issues, had adequate scalp laxity for the size of the strip taken, and lastly, have a good competent surgeon, then there is no reason as to why you would not end up with a thin scar...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Blanc,

It is fine to sleep with the scar resting on the pillow. It is very normal to have tenderness around the scar and you should expect that to continue for some time now. It takes time for the healing to fully happen and is not a bad sign that it is stretching, all normal.

Just take it easy in terms of lifting heavy weights and follow the post op instructions to get the best possible outcome for the scar.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson