buzz cutting to a blade #1 3mm after FUE? how long do you have to wait?

Hi could anyone tell me how long i will have to wait after my surgery to buzz cut my hair again. i keep my head shaved at the moment to cover my baldness and i want to be able to keep it shaved for 5/6 months after surgery till its ready to grow out. how soon can i shave it again after surgery does anyone know? please and thanks

Hi, I shaved mine to 2.5mm that is just under a number 1 and did so anytime after day 14 onwards. You should be clean and healed well by then to do so and have no issues with doing this.
can it do any harm to the grafts at that point? I was hoping for maybe the 10-11 day mark before back to work what do you think? Bit too early ?

As always, ask your physician - but - it is really that important to be buzzing it at the 14 day mark as opposed to giving a just a little more TLC to your scalp a little longer and giving yourself the best possible chance of success?

I would personally avoid the scenario of buzz,buzz, OOPS...:eek:

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I'd personally make sure to follow the advice of your specific clinic if shaving earlier as I can't speak for their protocols but need to have clean skin and avoid having crusts or anything that could be caught. Send photos to your doctor and see if they are happy but personally waited to day 14 onwards.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Thanks for the feedback guys. Voxman it is important if I want it to remain a secret if not then it wouldn't matter a dam. But if suddenly after 2 years I start growing my hair out after 10 days of been out of the country I will surely raise a few eyebrows ha