Topical Anti-androgens/ DHT Blockers

gbhscot

Hey,

Have been advised by several parties recently to get on Finasteride/Propecia but not at all keen to do so based on the potential sides. I've been weighing it up in my head for the last couple of days, read some scary stuff about it (ED, Peyronies, Gyno, to name but a few) I know research indicates prevalence of such sides is less than 2%, but I'm sure statistical significance means nothing to the guys sitting there with the non functioning penis, or the guys posting in the thread below....

I've been pretty much told that unless I get on meds, there is no point in getting a HT, which leaves me with 0 options really. The only hope I can see of this working out is potentially a topical anti androgen. Having looked into it, topical Spiro seems like a possibility, though you can't get it in europe as far as I can see...

I'd be keen to hear from anyone who has experience with Sprio or other Topicals...Do you feel it is another snake oil or is there genuine potential in them?

Cheers,

G

The consensus about spironolactone is that it's a weak treatment, topically at least. If you want to grasp the merit of spironolactone you would need to take it orally at higher dosages. However that will feminize you. Also spironolactone has a broader pharmalogical activity than just being a anti-androgen. Purely looking at antagonizing of the androgen receptor it's not that strong actually.

Many people use RU58841 these days, which is a topical anti-androgen. It's a legit and strong treatment no doubt. Many find it working better than Finasteride. However it is not approved thus "experimental", so use at your own risk.

Aside from that you don't really have much viable options in the "anti-androgen" category for topical use. CB-03-01 is one but it is running phase 2 clinical trials now.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Some docs say you need to take it and some don't and advise you on what to do and what u could expect with having a ht and not being in meds and as long as you're ok with that i don't see the problem imo.

Have you heard of HR23+ its natural apparently and sounds good on there website site but im sure thats just a basic sales pitch to temp you into buying it.

This guy on the thread i made about it reckons he's had good results from it but hasnt yet posted any pics of hes journey so am bit sceptical.

Have you heard of it? And would you use it?

HR23+ has got scam written all over it. It looks like the digestible theradome. Marketing, hype and a twitter account repeating the same thing over and over again. I guess the guy on your thread has a vested interest in promoting it here. Also, at 50 gbp per supply, there is just no way anyone sensible would go for it

I thought as much.. Im all for natural supplements but it sounds like its to good to be true imo. Im in the same boat as you i really dont like the thought of the sides happening to me if i take it(propicia) and its irreversible you never know you might be that 2% that has those sides and for me im not willing to take that risk. Specially at my age and wanting kids soon and knowing if i take a fda approved drug wich has side affects thats reduces that chance and end up in a worse position then when i started with. Ive consulted with some top surgeons from this website and only one has said come back after 6 months if being propicia.

If you don't mind me asking what docs have you consulted with and said you NEED to be in meds...