Cost vs. Quality

Thanks u for your messages.

I'm not interested in flying out for my procedure as it would be a discomfort and hassle for me. Also in LA there are many clinics and surgeons already but I just can't figure out who to go to.

I'm also getting the sense that many clinics charge different prices for the same work but I'm assuming they have more experience or they just do that because they built a reputation for themselves and they can at this point. Either way I have a budget and I need to stay within that range. That being said I have done some research and found some clinics nearby and I'm willing to post here what happens with them so people can benefit from my experience as well. Just my way of helping out the community I guess. :) also I have decided to not get the fuss and rather the Fue if I can afford it. I don't want the scar and it seems very harsh to me. I read about a few Drs and clinics and visited their sites and spoke to them and scheduled appointments. Wish me luck. :)

Good luck mate, although big mistake in choosing not to travel for the best procedure. I made that same mistake myself, and regret it like crazy because I ended up using a tier 2 surgeon in NY, paid an arm and a leg, when I could have traveled and gone with one of the best surgeons on the planet for cheaper. Now that I have to go for a 2nd procedure, I am gladly traveling. You only have a limited supply of grafts, so I highly recommend trading the hassle of travel with getting the best result. You won't get it in LA, my opinion.

Ok so I can't travel it's just not practical to me unfortunately. But more so I've been seeing a lot of results from local surgeons that look great but I just can't seem to afford it for the amount of grafts I need. I wish I could pay those amounts here and get the results I want but I don't know if that's possible anymore. :( this is not easy... But I'm not gonna give up searching. Someone out there has to have an answer for me. Please.......

Hello Broncos22

There are several great surgeons in the world depending on what you can afford.

Choosing the most expensive doctor doesn't always mean you get the best HT or surgery; look at the hollywood stars!

I Had a great HT FUE 1524 graft procedure in Chandigarh India by DR. Tejinder Bhatti at darlingbudsindia and so have several others on this forum.

I have been overly criticized for helping people like you, just by mentioning their website.

If you need any information, feel free to ask me any questions even a message.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Darlinglocks

Still on your promotion campaign I see even though you have no idea what your results will be given that you are only a few months post op?

Why don't you create your own thread and show us your monthly progress right up to 12 months, this will be the best way to promote your doctor and give other females in a similar situation to yourself with valuable information. HTs for females are often overlooked so you have a great opportunity here to showcase your results.

Good luck with your results

Yonex, I gather from your profile that you too have had a hair transplant.

Is there any chance that you can create a new thread documenting your own results or is that too much to ask.

You could even post pictures without hair dye and with hair dye to educate us all in to the masking effects of hair dye icon10.gif.

Hi Youngun,

My name is Nick and I work for Dr De Reys.

Our prices are amongst the best in the world for worked carried out by an actual European surgeon.

Other clinics may use technicians to do most the work however with us, it is the doctor himself who does the work.

This is especially important in a hair transplant since the process of extracting grafts manually is very different to using an automatic drill.

With his manual technique, Dr De Reys is able to ‘feel’ the root of each graft when he extracts.

By making micro-adjustments and through his many years of experience, he is able to extract each graft whole.

Automatic drills, as used by technicians working for doctors in other clinics, provide no such feedback and this means that grafts become transected.

The manual technique prevents this and so it results in a much higher growth rate.

Dr De Reys performs every single extraction and incision on every patient personally.

This is the main difference between Dr De Reys and clinics offering cheap transplants.

We expect a growth rate of over 95%.

If you've got any more questions then please let me know.

Nick

Dr De Reys | Hair Transplant Doctor

www.hair-transplant-doctor.co.uk

info@hair-transplant-doctor.co.uk

See the doctor on:

http://www.vimeo.com/drdereys

http://www.twitter.com/drdereys

I've been reading the whole thread on cost vs quality. I live in the UK so I may have to travel as I want a good quality doctor but at a fair price.

The prices that I read on here are very vast in difference for the same number of grafts! It's so hard to work out what is the best thing to do!! Do I travel? I really don't want to as it just adds to the stress of the whole procedure! There does not seem to be any proper answers to my questions haha.

you should absolutely travel abroad because you can have it for less. Moreover you can see new places :) I can help you find something if you like.