Young Male Hairline Lowering- Exceptional Case

This 20 year old male who for two years has been extremely concerned with his high hairline and large forehead which is a familial characteristic. There was no history of male pattern baldness and the patient and his father had always had high hairlines since puberty. After thorough counseling, it was agreed that we would lower the hairline with a scalp advancement operation. This operation would be the only way to get the hairline lowered 3 1/2 cm with full density and have a result that is almost immediate. If there is hair loss in the future, he would have either hair transplants or wear a hair system. The first two pictures show his preoperative condition, the third picture shows the before and after on the table from the surgeons viewpoint, and three paired pictures show him four days after surgery with sutures still in place.

It is uncommon to do this operation on young men. However, there can be personal extenuating circumstances such as this patient, who needs to look a certain way to get on with his goals in life. We hope to have six month follow up pictures to submit to HTN.

This is the equivilant of at least 4500 follicular unit grafts being moved. This operation is best done for young women, or the exceptional male who is not going to lose hair.

1.jpg.6bc5bf270f76cdb7528191b3747eeeef.jpg

2.jpg.0fb41889c2fbec69fae4db1e8c04285f.jpg

3.jpg.de0a8ec3ea89895d632c70af504d9612.jpg

4.jpg.b65040d0d7b2a8352f9da71d8637bca6.jpg

5.jpg.4daafe49ac0a3b64ee052653495e0174.jpg

6.jpg.4c3d7ee973b5806e501ac6a509965a59.jpg

This is really fascinating, and an interesting change of pace from the typical HT results we see. I look forward to seeing how this turns out. You can already tell from the photos how drastic of a difference the lower hairline makes in his appearance, and I imagine this is really going to help him feel much better about himself.

I do have a question regarding the scarring. How does an operation like this typically heal? I assume he'll have a scar along his hairline? How noticeable is this?

I actually have an acquaintance of mine who runs in the same circles as I do who has a perfectly straight scar right along the front of his hairline, and I've often been curious as to what it was from. It looks like a procedure like this may be what it's from.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56