Massive hair loss after stopping minoxidil

ericc

Hi,

I am writing here hope to find some direction. Confessing that I am feeling lost and would appreciate any help. I was using regain for 4 months, which had stopped and reversed (slightly) my hair loss. Good results (photo on the left). The fact is, that I am using fibbers daily, so after a point I got tired and stopped using regain. That was 6 months ago. At the same time I got through a depression crisis and I was very stressed. I believe the combination of these two had devastating results on my hair(photo on the right)-and my mood off course. Now, more that 5-6 hair come out every time I pull them, especially from the crown. Have been loosing hair for 14 years, never seen anything like this. Can tell almost the difference from week to week.

Moreover, I have developed a scalp problem (could be skin skin dysaesthesia, have seen a couple of doctors but still not 100% sure). My skin feels acidic, especially when I use fibbers for 2-3 days, which also adds to my stress. Again, I use fibbers on a daily basis and most people do not know the level of my hair loss. And now I might have to quit.

I live in London and visited a private dermatologist at Belgravia Centre, who apparently suggested starting a treatment there with their meds. I am thinking about it. At the same time I am wondering…does it worth it? Is there a way back? I feel already very tired. Should I just stop playing with my hair and scalp and let nature take its way? I am considering a hair tattoo, just to stop thinking about it…

(just for the record, never been to propecia and for health reasons I cannot).

Again, any advice highly appreciated…

IMG_20150106_160303834_HDR.jpg.5dd5d163ac1528a06429c662f6af4884.jpg

IMG_20150630_242925843.jpg.c82e63e4e5fd723fbfda3407c338d336.jpg

Looks like the hair cut to me. You're at an age where hairloss can seem aggressive because you are passing that fifty percent threshold. Without fin kicking in, it kind of is what it is. Try to not stress. Don't pull on your hair, and get you skin issues in check. Maybe shave your head. Try it for 30 days and see if you like it. A conservative transplants or a hair system could be an option.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you!

I need to say it is not the haircut...there is a big difference in a short period (6 months). I counted more than 60 hairs only to the shower I had yesterday and on the towel I used to dry them. This is not hair loss, this is hair extinction:(

I have pretty good hair and I've lost brewer 30 and 60 in the shower everyday for years.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In my opinion it is not stopping Minoxidil...but the period of stress that you went through led to significant loss in a short period. In my case I freaked out of loosing my hair and lost a lot of hair with in a short span of 3 months.

I'm off minoxidil oral for a year now and the final shed is still occuring. It does kill your frontal hairline when you stop, hands down I'm way worse than when started. No research on the net will tell you that, lucky peeps like us just get to figure it out on our own. Make sure you take multiviatmins to account for missing nutrients in your diet and take an omega 3 supp. It's helping for me. Use a topical rogaine when you feel like shit and just need to feel like you're doing something proactive, then watch the next few days as you loose more hairs because you applied topical. Just my .02

stay away from biotin based products also