8 days after surgery

Hi everyone,

I'm 8 days after fue surgery and I have some questions.

1. During the daily washing I see scabs come out from my head with grafts. is that normal?

2. Grafts have fallen in the first days after the operation, will grow again?

3.When can I go to the barber to get a haircut with scissors (including the implanted area)?

4.When can I use topik in the transplant area?

Thanks

If you lose grafts you would bleed noticeably. The scabs coming off with hairs are shedded hairs that should grow.

I'd wait at least for 3 weeks for a hair cut with scissors. Buzzing the recipient area is a controversial subject as some clinics say you'd have to wait up to 5 months.

Buzzing the recipient area after 3 weeks will be fine.

The results of a study into graft anchoring concluded the following from Dr. Bernstein's website:

"The study showed that for the first two days, pulling on a hair always resulted in a lost graft, but the chance of the graft being removed started to decrease by the third day. By the sixth day pulling on a hair would no longer dislodge the graft. Pulling on an adherent scab always resulted in a lost graft through day five, with the incidence decreasing through day eight. However, by nine days post-op, grafts were no longer at risk of being dislodged."

While we're at it, does anybody know when we can go back to sleeping in normal positions? I had my HT last tuesday and I've been sleeping on my belly as I had HT in crown area.

I'm really starting to get anxious as Ive experienced some swelling, too.

While we're at it, does anybody know when we can go back to sleeping in normal positions? I had my HT last tuesday and I've been sleeping on my belly as I had HT in crown area.

I'm really starting to get anxious as Ive experienced some swelling, too.

According to most post-op instructions I have read, you should be able to sleep normally by now. Sleeping on your belly will definitely cause swelling though.

I would wait until your recipient area completely heals and is free from all scabbing and crusts before applying any cosmetics like Toppik.

After that, you're good to go...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY