*VIDEO* Dr. Feller- Before/After 2000 grafts-with Strategy

We see many before/after pictures and even videos, but very few with commentary as to what was done and why. Obviously it was to look good and fill in the balding areas, but to get to that place took a bit of planning. Like a game of Chess, a good HT looks forward to the next move.

Here we present a standard 2,000 graft case before and after a year and our view toward the future of his hair loss.

Enjoy!

Edited by Blake_Bloxham

Hi Dr Feller, me again!! Now before I say anything this is NOT A PERSONAL attack, Ive just watched your video, and i have a few thoughts of my own. During the patients first consultation what questions did you ask the patient that made him believe FUT was the best solution?

The patient had FUT of 2000 grafts correct? Now with what looks like a decent donor area, approximately 5000grafts, would you agree? During your video you are predicting loss in the mid section, which sounds correct, perhaps 2000 grafts to fill that in. So why is this patient is not perfect for FUE, being he has enough left in his donor area for future loss.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Hi Dr Feller, me again!! Now before I say anything this is NOT A PERSONAL attack, Ive just watched your video, and i have a few thoughts of my own. During the patients first consultation what questions did you ask the patient that made him believe FUT was the best solution?

The patient had FUT of 2000 grafts correct? Now with what looks like a decent donor area, approximately 5000grafts, would you agree? During your video you are predicting loss in the mid section, which sounds correct, perhaps 2000 grafts to fill that in. So why is this patient is not perfect for FUE, being he has enough left in his donor area for future loss.

Did you watch the entire video? He explains why he doesn't think FUE would be the best approach.

yeah i did watch the whole video, he explains that due to further loss FUT is suited, as i suggested that the further loss would need about another 2000 grafts, a total of 4000 graft combined, it is hard to tell by the video but the donor area could be around 5000 grafts, therefore why is FUT best suited and not FUE knowing full well around 1000 spare grafts would remain

Blake in a previous thread said a guy around 30 minimal hair loss would suit FUE better, now Feller is saying FUT is better,

Did you watch the entire video? He explains why he doesn't think FUE would be the best approach.

This is what happens when you have your Fue blinkers on :D

Nice result that, by going FUT first it now leaves this patient with a lot more ammunition for future procedures, should it be required

but what major future loss are we looking at, even Feller himself said, may or may not have future loss, and again i will say that with another 2000 grafts in the future which he would have anyway in his donor area with FUE, why is FUT better, am I the only one who doesn't have their blinkers on to this, I merely pointing out the contradiction the Blake said on previous forum regarding a 30 year old with minimal hair loss is perfect candidate for FUE compare to 60 year old who wants the most hair, and now what Feller is saying the complete opposite in this video.

hair loss is progressive, a lot can change in 5, 10, 20 years, this is why I worry for guys who go 100% FUE first time in their 20s early 30s, what do they do if their crown goes or their sides drop further down the line?

Yes hair loss is progression, one thing wont change now or in 20 years is 25cm scar this young man has, we (FUE) have the option to buzz and move on, the ultimate escape route, this patient showing minimal hair loss with what seems an excellent donor area and according to Blake a good candidate for FUE, so I wonder why they performed FUT on him.

It's only minimal hairloss so far. Who knows how many more grafts he may need in future. This is actually explained in Dr Feller's video. I'm an example of how hairloss can slowly but surely progress over many years. I'm getting on Propecia tomorrow and I hope it will stop that progression, but I need the last of my available grafts and would have more available had I not chosen FUE.

Very nice result, by the way.

Seth,

The only thing this patient and the theoretical one I mentioned in an earlier post have in common is age. This patient has signs of progressive/more advanced loss, and Dr Feller was concerned that FUE may compromise donor he needs in the future. It actually refers back to my point I was making in the example you referenced; right procedure for the right patient. However, I can't really throw in my "two cents" too much here because I didn't examine the guy's scalp.

What I do think would be interesting, however, is discussing mFUE in this patient. He may have been a candidate for FUE via this approach because it doesn't cause as much fibrotic subcutaneous scarring in the donor region.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You too!!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.