newly transplanted hairs growing

Hi,

Could people share their experiences of when their newly transplanted hairs grew? I'm post-op day 7 now and my non-transplanted hair has grown since being buzzed down, but the transplanted hairs haven't. Is this an indication of the transplant not working?

Should they grow, then shed, then be dormant, then grow permanently? Is this the correct order? If there is no initial growth after the operation, does this mean anything?

Your newly grafted hair will fall out over the next few weeks.this is normal.

Some people will not have a total shed though some grafts can remain and start

To grow.

You will start to see them regrow as fine wispy hairs after say approx 3 months

Or more. They will get thicker over the next year.

Sometimes newly implanted grafts will remain in the growth phase momentarily and continue to grow, however as time passes, they will shed and enter dormancy, rest for 3-4 months and then enter the growth phase once again.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You really can't expect any new growth until the 3rd month, at the earliest. I kept my hair shaved down for the first 3 months for the exact situation you described... The native hairs were growing back in and the transplanted hairs still had several months to go before they would start growing. I found my receding hairline was more noticeable this way, so I kept it all really short until month 3 when my transplanted hairs started coming back in. This allowed everything to grow in nice and even.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56