Is hairtransplant an option for me???

Hi to all and of course to the experts,

I have hairloss since I was 20 years old - now I am 40. It started quite fast with deep temples, but 02 years ago also my upper head started thinning. The pics you can see are 1 week old. On one pic you can see my hair in dry conditions. I am now 1,5 years on Fin (03 times a week 1 tab a 1mg). I do not noticed any hairloss till i started treatment. I have no NW 6 or 7 case in my family but NW 5 (my dad). He has still hairs on the top, but quite a few. I would like to ask the community what are my possibilities except using Fin, which I will not stop cause no sides. Is FUE a possible method for me? Or should I go with FUT although I am scared of the scar if the worst case will happen with me (NW 7)? How many grafts I would need if hairtransplant is possible in my case? What are the docs you would recommend? As I am staying in Asia no prob to go to US or Europe either... Thanks so much for your support and your time!!! Kenny

Donor.jpg.e8738abb7b30ce068f73741285006acb.jpg

Gesicht.jpg.5283ca60b71b73e23370cdfc1837b157.jpg

5b32e6aa2189a_HairWetNoneI.JPG.04d6d1781ddf394b0bf0ec3880e15b86.JPG

5b32e6aa57358_HairWetNone.JPG.8f317079a939be0de9a97ffb6b65d162.JPG

IMG_0519.jpg.e0528a0252d42fe4aa391594f3b78222.jpg

Edited by kennex987
spelling issues...

Hi Ko, great hair I dont think so... but thx... you see my problem and dont want to get this issue getting worth... I think I have a problem, ok thanks god no life threatening problem. But for me its worth enough trying to change something... but dont know if i am a candidate for any procedure i mentioned... help is welcome:)

Hi kennex:

I concur with the statements made above by KO. However, if you are absolutely determined to proceed with a HT, you have made an excellent point above...planning for contingencies.

To start, regardless of the procedure you choose (FUT or FUE), there will be scarring. Saying that, it depends on how short you may want to shave your hair in the future, assuming the HT does not work or diminishes over time. I remember a recommended surgeon awhile back (I don't want to attach a name to this statement since my memory might not be serving me correctly) posted a breakdown of typical grades you can shave down to with a FUT scar...a vast majority of cases fell in the 3-4 guard range. However, even going to a top-rated FUT surgeon will not necessarily guarantee you these results. Individual physiology plays a tremendous role in scar healing so if you decide to proceed with FUT, keep this risk in mind. If you go to a top-rated FUE surgeon, I think a 1-2 guard would be relatively realistic assuming the surgeon is using a punch size in the 0.75-0.8 mm range. Long story short, if you want to plan to keep your hair shorter now or in the future, FUE may be the better option for you since visible scarring will be less prominent. To be transparent, I received a FUT procedure myself. Even though my scar falls into the average category, in retrospect it would have been to my benefit to leave options open. Hairloss is progressive and once you get to a certain NW level, there is a significant cosmetic appearance between a 4 and 1 guard in terms of perceived "neatness" (i.e. most people look better with shorter hair at higher NW levels).

In terms of yield/grafts you can ultimately extract via FUE or FUT, I am not even going to proceed into that realm. There are many threads dedicated to that subject. I would recommend looking through results posted by patients to see the results of each respective procedure so you can make an informed decision. Best of luck!

By the way, here is the thread I was referring to about FUT scar size and expected grade...look in the second paragraph:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179389-dr-lindsey-discusses-dont-do-hairline-too-low-young-man.html

Again, best of luck. My only other suggestion for research purposes is to stick to the results posted by top doctors. IMO, I have been very impressed with some of the FUE results as I am researching a possible FUE into FUT procedure to cut my hair shorter. Just make sure you are weighing all the possible advantages and disadvantages of both procedures relative to your individual goals.

Hi, just want to say thank you for the great and honest answers... special thanks to seeker2014 for the detailed explanation regarding FUT and FUE which is a huge help to me! Well think I will first continue staying on Fin and will wait for final decision making a hairtransplant. Nevertheless arranged skype consultations with two docs to get some more opinions... we will see. Again thx to the community!

know that this questions belongs to another topic but maybe someone give me an advice: Is it wise to start also with Minox in combination with Fin which i already take? Or is it wasting money and time? Read so many different opinions about combining these two meds... thx

know that this questions belongs to another topic but maybe someone give me an advice: Is it wise to start also with Minox in combination with Fin which i already take? Or is it wasting money and time? Read so many different opinions about combining these two meds... thx

The answer is - 'yes.' There is clinical evidence that men using finasteride for hair loss who add minoxidil to their treatment plan have a slightly better result than men who only use finasteride. The benefits, however, are small. It makes sense that the two medications act synergisticially in treating hair loss given that they act differently. Minoxidil helps hair growth by directly stimulating the hair follicle. In contrast, finasteride works by blocking the action of the potent male hormone dihydrotestosterone or "DHT". -

Yes it is absolutely wise to start Minoxidil and Finasteride combination coz there has been clinical evidence that men using Finasteride for hair loss who add Minoxidil to their treatment plan have slightly better result than those who only take Finasteride.

The benefits are small but it makes sense that two medicines act synergisticially in treating hair loss as they act differently.

Minoxidil helps hair growth by directly stimulating the hair follicle and Fin works by blocking DHT( The male hormone dihydrostestosterone)

Final Advice, both should be considered prior to Hair transplant.

you have great hair, kind of jealous.... If you are dead set on a HT please just stick to FUE. 2000 in the front is plenty for you. My personal FUE experience was with Dr Bhatti in Chandigarh India. Very happy to recommend him. All the best Seth

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

you have great hair, kind of jealous.... If you are dead set on a HT please just stick to FUE. 2000 in the front is plenty for you.

This..

Just a bit in the front from a good doctor so you don't end up possibly shocking out any native hair. (talk to the doctor about that)

Hi, again thx for the great feedback. As I am based in Asia I was just wondering if there are also top notch docs here. For FUE I found only Dr. Bhatti in India and Dr. Arambulo in the Philippines but she is doing only micrometer what I would like to avoid, cause I think manual is more accurate?! Dr. Bhatti is of course less expensive (cheap???) but this makes me also scared cause good work has to be also paid... For me the experience and the outcome is most important and for such an operation I would like to go to one of the best for FUE. Any recommendations or advises... thx so much!

during my stay with Dr Bhatti, he had maybe 4 or 5 other doctors observing him and learning from him, he actually has a small lecture room in his clinic im guessing cause he holds coaching sessions on FUE, his prices have actually gone up but remain standard price for the Indian market, feel free to PM about my two trips there,

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/