Benefits of manual FUE versus Artas Robot

I for one don't think Bernstein is a good surgeon. Most of his work lacks density, he doesn't move that many grafts, and his way of presenting often involves just frontal images, rarely exposing crown work, which is misleading and unethical. He is a pioneer, but other clinics have surpassed him.

Come on you don't think Robert Bernstein is a top doctor with a proven track record? He arguably has more experience than Wesley and Dorin and has produced a lot of good results.

I still just don't see what is wrong with the ARTAS Robot because it is doing all the things that lend itself to a repetitive motion--extracting grafts and creating recipient sites. It isn't putting in the hair follicles and designing the hairline (I know it has plans to do that which I don't like). Furthermore it can analyze, better than the human eye, the density of the hair and pick the best follicles. How can you argue against some of this?

Aaahh, the surgeon who quoted me $9.50 a graft for FUT strip procedure of 2,500 grafts. I have nothing but respect for the good doctor, but man oh man.

"The fee for your Follicular Unit Transplantation procedure is $23,750 ($9.50/graft). A 30% deposit ($7,125) is required to schedule surgery. The deposit is applied to the surgical fee and is refundable up to three weeks (21 days) prior to your procedure.

If your schedule is very flexible a courtesy rate may be available. Please contact Barbara Werner at 212-826-2400 to discuss payment and financing options.

The Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration is a surgical facility accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We ask our patients to have the following laboratory tests prior to surgery: HIV-1 Elisa, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen and Antibody, Hepatitis C Antibody and CBC. Our supplies and instruments are either disposable or sterilized to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases. Our office employs comprehensive infection control measures for rigorous adherence to all Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards."

Aaahh, the surgeon who quoted me $9.50 a graft for FUT strip procedure of 2,500 grafts. I have nothing but respect for the good doctor, but man oh man.

"The fee for your Follicular Unit Transplantation procedure is $23,750 ($9.50/graft). A 30% deposit ($7,125) is required to schedule surgery. The deposit is applied to the surgical fee and is refundable up to three weeks (21 days) prior to your procedure.

If your schedule is very flexible a courtesy rate may be available. Please contact Barbara Werner at 212-826-2400 to discuss payment and financing options.

The Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration is a surgical facility accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We ask our patients to have the following laboratory tests prior to surgery: HIV-1 Elisa, Hepatitis B Surface Antigen and Antibody, Hepatitis C Antibody and CBC. Our supplies and instruments are either disposable or sterilized to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases. Our office employs comprehensive infection control measures for rigorous adherence to all Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards."

What is wrong with this?

Why did you stop using it?

In our opinion, manual fue is superior. We paid $250,000 for Artas. Tested it a couple of times and no longer use it. It's collecting dust.

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.