Preparing for a HT

So I've decided to schedule a HT in a month's time. Is there anything I need to be wary about? I'm currently taking Fin (1 mg), Minodixil 10% or Rogaine 5% (interchangeably), and Ketobath Shampoo.

I was told by a local HT expert that I should be "off" everything 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Please advise.

Which surgeon did you select? Did he not provide you with any pre-op instructions? If not then it's a very bad sign my friend.

I believe you can stay on Fin through the surgery, and in reviewing some of the top ht surgeon pre-op instructions not one of them state you have to go off Fin. Minox seems to vary as to when you stop this. The majority say a week to a few days before surgery. I believe H&W and Rahal recommend to go off Minox 4 weeks prior.

I'm sure you mentioned the products in your initial consult with your doctor but you may want to contact them to get specific instructions from them on what you can safely take before, and after the procedure. Best of luck. Congrats on your pending surgery.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Mine is a Turkish doctor (mentioning his name will ensure that my post would need to get approved for some reason). He asked me to stay off Minox a week prior to surgery. That's all.

Anybody else, please?

Mine is a Turkish doctor (mentioning his name will ensure that my post would need to get approved for some reason). He asked me to stay off Minox a week prior to surgery. That's all.

Anybody else, please?

yes all blood thinning agents shud be suspended

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. I've been off both fin and minox for nearly 5 days now. Got surgery on Tuesday. Doc's told me I can start fin from Wednesday while I'll need to wait for a few more days before I can start Minox.

Lets see.