Transplanted hairs on hairline too "wirey" to style?

I had my hair transplant back in August of last year, so I'm going on 10 months post op. My hair pretty much finished growing in by about 6 months and hit a plateau. There has been no further volume since then. I have also noticed that the hairs that were transplanted were really thick and strong hairs from my donor area, which is great because it fills in my hairline...but a lot of these hairs are really unruly and almost have a wirey or pluggy look and structure to them? Is this a common thing? Unlike my hairs that are programmed to fall out in my near future, these new hairs are really difficult to style. Any hair style experts on here that could give me some advice? Gel? Wax? Blow dryer?

Ive had 4 hair transplants and this facet was a hallmark of the last two larger ones i had done in pakistan but not the two i had in england oddly enough.

The pakistani ones provided greater growth and the ones i had with rogers and nobel clinic the hair wasnt wiry rough and unruly but nevertheless had a unnatural vertical look

Ive had 4 hair transplants and this facet was a hallmark of the last two larger ones i had done in pakistan but not the two i had in england oddly enough.

The pakistani ones provided greater growth and the ones i had with rogers and nobel clinic the hair wasnt wiry rough and unruly but nevertheless had a unnatural vertical look

When you mention that the transplanted hairs had an unnatural vertical look, you are referring to transplanted hairs that are on your hairline pointed out yes?

If that is what you mean, then that is the exact issue I'm having. My hairline has these rogue hairs that kind of dart out in random directions and some of these transplanted hairs literally point completely forward at times...like tiny unicorn horns lol.

I plan to check out some hairstylists and see what they can do about it. I will also continue looking for advice on here.

Hi, my thinking behind the 'rogue hairs' you mention is that the technician has not possibly followed the rules when inserting the grafts into the slits, i.e. placing grafts in keeping with your natural hair pattern. This has resulted in the unruly hairs. Not sure how you will get around this but clay/gel maybe a good start.

FUE Dr Bhatti Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Would it not be that the its the incisions that the grafts are seted in were cut at the wrong angle ?

Hi, my thinking behind the 'rogue hairs' you mention is that the technician has not possibly followed the rules when inserting the grafts into the slits, i.e. placing grafts in keeping with your natural hair pattern. This has resulted in the unruly hairs. Not sure how you will get around this but clay/gel maybe a good start.

FUE Dr Bhatti Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Sounds feasible, you may want to get the advice of some of the HT Doctors on this forum who I'm sure will provide you with their expert opinion.

Also, I did read somewhere that at first the new hairs may seem wirey (more so with BHT), but after time they will settle down to a more natural texture, so maybe it is too early to panic.

Oh , and some recent photos might assist in any diagnosis.

__________________________________________________ ____

FUE Dr Bhatti Oct 2014

Edited by Shera

When you mention that the transplanted hairs had an unnatural vertical look, you are referring to transplanted hairs that are on your hairline pointed out yes?

If that is what you mean, then that is the exact issue I'm having. My hairline has these rogue hairs that kind of dart out in random directions and some of these transplanted hairs literally point completely forward at times...like tiny unicorn horns lol.

I plan to check out some hairstylists and see what they can do about it. I will also continue looking for advice on here.

Yes thats exactly what the nobel clinic did.

I prefer the rough wiry hair i got in pakistan as it can be tamed with an anti frizz shampoo and a light gel cream like that by brylcreem