I struggled with hair loss, then got scalp micropigmentation

Guys

Ive been struggling with hair loss since 19. Ever since i was a kid i saw my dad struggle with this same issue. He wore a hair wig, and as i got older and realized what it was, i saw how it ruined his life. He was a fantastic singer, and i truly believe it impeded his career. My father passed away at 45 from a heart attack, and while i obviously can't make a connection, i think his long time suffering from hair loss was something that created his early death.

Now I'm 43, almost his age, and I've been wearing a toupee for over a decade. At first its great, you have a look of hair. But soon it just fucked up my life. My friends knew about it. My police department knew about it. But still i held onto it. I train in MMA, and as you know that is no place for fake hair. I even would have sex with a hat on, just so the women in my life would never see me bald.

I had really given up until about a year ago when i came across scalp micropigmentation. at first i was skeptical as most are. This can't really work can it?

then i went into a consultation in person and met one of the practitioners delivering these treatments, Matt Iulo. His looked f*ken awesome, and so did the other guys i saw. But still i had doubts and sat on it for awhile.

But late April i decided i needed to do this, not only for my appearance, but for my mental sanity. My beautiful wife was supportive, but a bit nervous, as was i.

Ive had 2 treatments done at Headstrong ny with Matt and to say i already see a massive change in my life is an understatement. Its not just the look, but the feeling of not having that dead "raccoon" on my head. I have a hairline and look that matches my MMA lifestyle and is really bad ass. My brother just completed his 2nd and I'm almost more happy for him.

And you would think when we both saw family for the Mayweather fight that they would say something. NOTHING. oh except, "thank god you got rid of that thing on your head"..."so much better now"

Truly a life changer and i hope you guys that are considering it, make the jump. if i can help please let me know!

20150513_112042.jpg.1a04416b9c1446320755efac043dc508.jpg

20150513_112033.jpg.06199170c4523d01d17c49c5a0d2f353.jpg

cs-before-after.jpg.d11d879b264e385b2f6ee8800eec3a86.jpg

u look 10 years younger! dead raccoon. now thats funny. yea that stuff can really give ppl that look of hair just shaved down look. I know plenty of ppl that do just tha with real hair. its pretty common in the hispanic, black and Brazilian world which I live and work in and plenty of white guys shave it down to these days.

how much was the treatment?

Edited by BUSA

u look 10 years younger! dead raccoon. now thats funny. yea that stuff can really give ppl that look of hair just shaved down look. I know plenty of ppl that do just tha with real hair. its pretty common in the hispanic, black and Brazilian world which I live and work in and plenty of white guys shave it down to these days.

how much was the treatment?

LOL, wait hold on a sec BUSA.... so, first you speak negatively of Permanent SMP on a different thread posting the following ignorant statements about perm smp to me:

"it was pointed out that in several years it will fade and bleed and most likely give that blu-green look that tattoos giv ppl after many years."

"seems more like you got duped into thinking the permanent type ink is the way to go and now feel offended wen that has been pointed out to u.u said 3 years uve had it. well, 3 years isn't a long time wen it comes to ink."

"ur confusing PERMANENT ink with PERMANENTLY looking GOOD. just because somthn is permanent like the ink they used with you doesn't mean its gonna giv one a desired look after many years. and if the color changes and you start looking like a SMURF ull be singing a different tune won't u?"

And then, literally hours after posting these negative comments regarding permanent smp, you are complimenting TheBottomend on his PERMANENT SMP TREATMENT that he received from Headstrong????? And you are even asking about pricing like you are interested in permanent SMP now?

That's a nice 180 you did sport! Maybe you should not post until you do some reading on this particular subject, you only serve to confuse people with your bs :D

Thanks for the nice comments guys, i wanted to share my story cause im sure its like alot of yours.

haha baldken i didnt even realize he was bashing permanent smp in another thread, but maybe seeing good results can change his mind.

again thanks for responses ill keep you all updated on i get on

Thanks for the nice comments guys, i wanted to share my story cause im sure its like alot of yours.

haha baldken i didnt even realize he was bashing permanent smp in another thread, but maybe seeing good results can change his mind.

again thanks for responses ill keep you all updated on i get on

LOL sorry for high-jacking your thread there Bottomend! I was trying to make a point with BUSA who appears to be trolling smp threads! Very frustrating when misinformation is about smp is spread that way, especially for guys like you and me who know first hand the great benefits of this treatment.

Congrats on your successful treatment with Headstrong, the photos look great. You have a great skin tone for smp; I find that guys with darker or tanner skin look much better with a shaved/buzzed smp look. Very cool that you train MMA. What an amazing sport that is certainly on the rise and gaining momentum and recognition every day! Also the smp shaved look fits right in with the sport you participate in, so no one will think twice to question why you shave your head. Congrats again man!:)