Pura d'or Hair Loss Prevention Organic Shampoo

Has anyone used this shampoo before?

http://www.amazon.com/Pura-dor-Prevention-Premium-Organic/dp/B0079R6BD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431184556&sr=8-1&keywords=pura+d%27or+hair+loss+prevention+premium+organic+shampoo

I think "hair loss" claims of most, if not all, shampoos are dubious at best, but I purchased this shampoo primarily because it is organic and free of sulfates. I've read that it leaves your hair very dry so I purchased the conditioner by this company as well.

Hi Wylie:

I am using a similar product at the moment--an organic shampoo (by baby mee) which contains aloe and chamomile infused with honey--after getting into cycling more (and having to endure the occasional dry helmet head). I have enjoyed the product so far as it has eliminated my previous dryness. Unfortunately, I have not experienced any hair growth over the month I have been using it. Today, I also picked up a product by Hair and Shoulders called "instant relief scalp soother" (which contains tea tree oil and peppermint and is a leave in product) since it was on sale. I reviewed some of the online customer reviews and it seems to be hit and miss with its effectiveness--some customers claim it only provided them with 10 minutes of relief while others have labeled it a "miraculous" cure for healthy scalp/hair. As I have yet to use it, I can't personally vouch for it one way or the other. However, I have encountered a few threads where people have referenced the hair growing capabilities of "tea tree oil", but, like you, I find these claims dubious at best. As a side note, I was initially going to purchase the Pura d'or shampoo, but was turned off by some customer reviews which cited the dry hair. I have pretty sensitive skin so when my scalp gets dry, it can almost feel like an infinite loop to find an exit. Hope this helps!

I decided to look at the Pura d'or shampoo again and some of the ingredients are intriguing...specifically, the saw palmetto extract and biotin. I have no idea at what concentrations these components are present in the shampoo or their true effectiveness in preventing hairloss. I suspect some people might have a negative reaction due to the argan oil which can exacerbate dry skin for some individuals. As a FYI, the "item is under review by Amazon" and is "currently only available through independent dealers". There can be many reasons for the "item under review" label including inadequate inventory, the shipment process, or how the item is described, but just wanted to relay the information to you.

I'm using Regenpure DR and NR - which touts similar "regrowth" claims - not sure if true or not but ingredients are excellent and my hair and scalp are at the healthiest state I can remember.

Expensive snake oil unfortunately. Consider Liggetts bar shampoo, no SLS or chemical detergents. Just pure ingredients that you can pronounce and essentials oils. Cheap and lasts a long time. Since it is a solid no TSA issues with having it in your carry on bag.

Expensive snake oil unfortunately. Consider Liggetts bar shampoo, no SLS or chemical detergents. Just pure ingredients that you can pronounce and essentials oils. Cheap and lasts a long time. Since it is a solid no TSA issues with having it in your carry on bag.

Do you recommend any specific variety of the Liggett's Bar? I see there are tons of different variations.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I was using two other DHT resistant shampoo's, one of which was Revita, and the amount of hair left in my tub has changed dramatically since I started using this shampoo. I can count only one or two at the end of a shower, with the Revita I could count a dozen, maybe more.

I did not use the Revita every day, either, it has been expressed here and elsewhere that it is not a good idea to use daily, and now I'm wondering if I should even use it at all. I recommend getting the conditioner with this shampoo, it does leave your hair dry without it. The conditioner with the vanilla scent is wonderful smelling.

• 2 months later...

I have been using that for the last 4 months. No idea if has had positive effect for slowing down hair loss or regrowing hair, but I can say it gives my hair much more temporary volume than any other shampoo I have used, which is good enough for me. And it could be in my head, but I have always felt like my scalp feels really clean after using that shampoo, kind of tingly in a good way. Be careful using it every day though, when I first purchased it I was using it every day and after about a week straight of use, my scalp became incredibly irritated and took several days to go away. Now I use it 1-2x a week, and that seems to be fine at that frequency of use.

As seeker2014 mentioned in his posts, some people may have problems with the argan oil, which was news to me, perhaps that is irritating your skin. But I have never had any problems whatsoever with the shampoo. I'm very surprised to hear that it caused scalp irritation in you. I would recommend using their conditioner, perhaps that would remove the irritation. My hair is too dry without using the conditioner, which has a subdued (not overpowering) lavender-vanilla scent that I just love.